Typh 125 problems again

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Tommythegun, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Tommythegun

Tommythegun Member

Hey guys, i brought a typh 59 plate with a 125 engine mounted properly in the bike, noticed the ht lead is just like a hook clip that sits on the spark plug, is there anyway of changing this at all to a cap? Also ive posted pictures below as ive been researching on if its the good typhoon engine or the one thats not good for tuning purposes could someone please help? As id like to get a new carb and inlet manifold and rear drum break but im unsure what to purchase? Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. Tommythegun

Tommythegun Member

If this helps

Attached Files:

3. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Love it mate! The pipe is huge looks wicked i had one of these a few years ago and fitted the Michelin low profile 10" tyers and it really sets the typhoon off !

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The engine has been bodged in onto the 50 engine mount, it's the old type engine which can be tuned but not as good as a later "rolling nut"and you already have a rear drum brake!

5. Tommythegun

Tommythegun Member

Thanks for the help, i replaced the spark plug and ht lead. Clesned the carb, now it runs rich and wont move just revs...any ideas on how to fix this? Im thinkin of gettin a delorto 25mm and replacing everything. Also it doesnt have a ht cap its like a clip that sits over the plug, how can i change this?

6. Tommythegun

Tommythegun Member

Also id like to put a standard exhaust and its almost ready for paint