tyhpoon 125 no electrics?? :s

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by riggstq1, Mar 3, 2014.

1. riggstq1

riggstq1 New Member

Ok so ive been rebuilding a bike i bought from a friend a while ago (it lost spark so he sold it to me for 250 :) ) ive since managed to get the engine running again but now i have no power to my clocks lights or indicators, ive got a koso speedo and ive managed get power from the ignition barrel also my fuel sender works along with my horn :confused: ive checked all fuses and everything is grounded properly (had to sand down my nicely sprayed frame :'( ) so whats next? ive looked at my regulator and all pins seem snugly fit and there no limescale etc.. is it poissible that it broke when the engine lost spark?

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The regulators rarely give problems, check all the wiring from the battery and earth's.

3. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    The lights work off a separate feed than the one used by the ignition circuit from the stator. Check all wiring and block connectors from the stator to the rectifier/regulator as well as the the ballast resistor and see if you can detect any AC voltage upstream of the regulator. You should be able to detect 18 volts AC or so before the regulator converts that to 12v DC.

4. riggstq1

riggstq1 New Member

Ok so theres 3 earths if i am looking at the loom right, two on the rear left side and one at the front.. i belive theyre all earthed correctly.. would my horn not work if it wasnt earthed aswell? Also i have no power to my electric start if that helps diagnose the problem any easier

5. riggstq1

riggstq1 New Member

As mentioned above it isnt just my lights my electric start has no power either (may just be broken but find it hard to belive its a coincidence) i havent got a volt meter atm can you reccomend one that would be adequate for the job? Ive looked on ebay and ive only seen ones that read 20v+ dc and 200v+ac :confused:

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Have you checked the earth to the engine as well as those earthed to the chassis?
    Had similar problem on an nrg, found earth wires twisted together in the loom, corroded as hell, sorted them out and leccy start worked again as did rear lights and indicators and fuel gauge

7. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Blown fuse? That would stop the starter motor from working, but would also stop the horn, indicators and gauges from working too.

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    oil tank been removed? all the lighting curcits run through the oil level sender... plug this back in