two stroke and diesel

Discussion in 'Car chat' started by twodogs, Apr 15, 2015.

1. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    I have a diesel van that I use to run bits and pieces about, anyway ive been told adding two stroke oil to the diesel will help the engine, , im about to try it but some of you are tea drinking mechanics so what do you think

2. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    no no no no no no NO!

Two stroke will do nothing for your engine, it will just create loads of smoke and if anything do more harm than good. I cant be bothered going into the finer details but basically NO!

don't add anything to the fuel... just use good quality fuel, make sure the plugs are changed regularly, change the oil and filter regularly and do the fuel filter same time oil filter gets done.

3. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    I take that as a nono then, thanks it sounded good when I was told about it, may be it was a apprentice who told me , years ago we added a gallon of petrol to a tank of diesel in our lorries during the winter months so it had a grain of truth in it, but after your words of warning I wont do so

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

eeek 2 stroke and diesel, thats like an envirojerks nightmare....
    some old diesels where 2 stroke, mainly like machinery engines that sat a set revolution.... tanks will run on 2 stroke and diesel and petrol..... but yeah, 2 stroke will block your injectors, you can run a diesel on food oil though.

5. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    you can only run a diesel on food oil after A LOT of filtering + bits and bobs fitted to your engine and even then only run it as a mix starting with 500ml to every 5l of fuel and work up to a 50/50 mix. not worth it at end of the day really.

6. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    [​IMG]by TimeBandit ยป Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:25 pm
    I have been adding very cheap, mineral two stroke oil to my Astra Cdti for close on three years now... Now on the same journey week in week out to my partner's place in North Wales and on only reg pump dino juice the comp will tell me it will manage a regular 65-68 mpg there an bk... Pop in 500ml per filling (120:1 mix) and its around 70-72mpg... I do the same run almost every weekend and its the same figures guaranteed...

The motor is the Isuzu z17dth lump (German built base 110hp) which is remapped, no cat or pre cat, no egr and c/c breather vented into a small catch, filtered vapour tank.. Dmf ditched n new one piece fitted by me..
    There isnt any noticable diff to running with or without oil but the mpg figures dont lie!
    Cant use fancy two stroke as it will separate out so it HAS to be mineral only
    this is a bit from the Honda c90 forum
    just by chance it came up today ,think I will follow your advice tho

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

how does that even pass an MOT? he must be a tester, the emmissions are bad enough with a decat, but putting extra oil in.....

scootzmadness likes this.
  8. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    BRB just going to bang my head against a brick wall.

scubabiker likes this.
  9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

dont forget to wear your helmet....

10. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    one of them puts it in his petrol bike , have a read its the Honda c90club see what you think of it , I m with you on this one so , ps have you got a new apprentice yet

11. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    scootzmadness ive a question can you pm me I would pm you but cant figure out how

12. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    who me have a new apprentice or scuba?

probably because I turned that option off, got fed up of some of the messages I was getting lol, yeah give me a min.