TURBO IN SCOOTER

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Aerox91, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Aerox91

Aerox91 New Member

hi is there a turbo you can get for an aerox 50 if so were do get them from and how much

2. Hursty

Hursty New Member

:wtf: :msn1: :confused:arc: :w00t:

surely ure joking ?

ben.

btw all ure topic posts dont HAVE to start with caps.. we can read

3. ROSSRS

ROSSRS New Member

cant turbo a stroker. first it will balls up the expansion chamber, second foreced inuction on reed valves isnt the best idea. might get away with supercharging a disc valver, assuming you can sort out short circuiting through the exhaust port. dont see why anyone would though either.

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    supercharger has been done and peugot thought it wads such a good idea they did one. turbo's been done also but it lags like a christian girl loosing her verginity

5. ROSSRS

ROSSRS New Member

supercharger was on a four stroker though. much easier to do. turbo lag erradicated with much smaller turbos or compound charging, on 4ts

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    15 year old boy did a melody with a smog pump reverse fitted. worked well and got into tag mag. if you search turbo vespa on yoputube you will find somthing a bit pointless but real fun im sure

7. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

yeah the supercharged 125 that pug made was nuts, a turbo is a bad idea tho on a scooter as it will end up costing you loads and not just the turbo + petrol bills

I mean, the aerox frame itself its only designed to withstand a maximum speed of 31 - 35mph and every other single part such as the discs, suspension and brakes etc etc

You will have to uprate every single part on the scoot itself to withstand the constant stresses

8. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    you can use compressed oxygen to inject clean into the inlet manifold but it makes the bike run really lean.

9. Martin

Martin New Member

not only that, but the lack of space to mount one. if it was a good idea it would already be an aftermarket part. if you really felt like being an idiot, you could rig your own nitrous up but it might blow your engine. there is a video on google with a guy using sprays and his engine case blows open. Makes me wonder how much scooter engines can take, maybe a 5HP shot, if that?

10. Christophe

Christophe New Member

Turbo

Lol I wanna see the vid of the NOS scoot blowing up.

Gives me the same thought as when I see someone throwing all their money into modifying a Fiesta/C3/Focus...Regardless of what you do to it it's still gonna be what it started as so there'll always be limitations and a line that's just crazy to pass.

Why not source a 100cc lump, bore and trick that and you'll have what performance you'd get from a turbo timebomb but far better reliability and it'd at least have easily replaceable parts as opposed to rigging up a one-off system.

Even if you're only 16 and that would technically be illegal...I'm pretty sure you can't run a 50cc turbo'd scooter on your CBT either. LMAO...of course you could restrict it :rofl:

11. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    turbos are a realistic idea for the new breed of 4 strokers but as minor was saying, the turbo lag can be the killer for any engine. better off with a supercharger as it's mechanically powered.

12. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

Usually the power in scooter engines is meausred in Bhp, you cant measure NOS in Horsepower

A "shot" of NOS would be measured in pressure, Nitrous oxide is usually measured in PSI - pounds per square inch :nerd:

13. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    actually you can measure nitrous in hp increase.

say a 5bhp shot on a scooter means 5bhp more than the naturally aspirated engine.

14. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

sorry,

i thought he explained it in the wrong way, although he knew what he was on about, My mate used to have an astra with a nitrous kit fitted, he explained to me how it works etc , thats why i said its only mesured in pressure as it goes into the engine, but as you said the end explanation could be rephrased to how much Bhp has been added to the normal Bhp output

Like an engine with 10Bhp ends up with 15bhp after a shot, you could say the person had added a 5bhp shot of nitrous

15. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah, exactly, i prefer to think of it as nitrus/fuel ratio

16. Martin

Martin New Member

yes i was talking about +HP increase. pretty much everyone i know who uses it in their cars measure it in power increase so..

Here is that vid, if its real or not i dont know.. but id say it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fhn47PKVGQ

17. haugh

haugh New Member

I watched top gear last nite

maybe you could add a little turbo and a big turbo

little one to stop the lag for the big turbo? :pimp:

18. ROSSRS

ROSSRS New Member

:D

19. haugh

haugh New Member

Sorry ross :emb:

20. ROSSRS

ROSSRS New Member

:) compound charging is using a super charger whilst waiting for the turbo to spool up. delta s4, golf tsi and some other thing i forget. vauxhall? nissan march superturbo, thats it.