Tuning Question

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by askebre, Dec 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. askebre

askebre New Member

Hi guys, im new to this site and whole tuning scene, i have one question im going to tune my gilera runner 50
    and going to put Stage 6 racing mk2 cylinder , malossi rhq crankshaft, 112mm Stage 6 clutch
    and i have question about carburetor should i put 21 or 24 and which one has , i know that 21 has better fuel ecenomy but i dont know how much l/100km can someone tell about both of carburetor whic l/100km they have for 21 and which for 24.

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Hi Askebre and welcome to the forum. I would stick to 21. What are you looking for exactly - outright performance (top speed and acceleration etc) or longevity and more mpg because this will affect your decision at the end of the day.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

When tuning a 2 stroke, fuel usage is bottom of the list for most people.
    Interested to see if anyone has any info on this.
    I suspect the smaller carb uses less fuel in low range revs and bigger uses less in high revs.

4. SRR172

SRR172 New Member

If youre new you should consider buying a less powerful cylinder like stage6 street race or dr evo 70. The racing mk2 likes to seaze on poor jetting and doesn't forgive mistakes.

5. ET2SLOW

ET2SLOW New Member

Which pipe you running? Race pipe go 24, sane pipe go 21. MPG no idea, if your going to commit to a MK2 racing, you need a big carb and racing pipe. MPG is the least of your worries.