Tuning kit Fabrizi Racing 210cc 2 stroke

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by italjohn, May 1, 2008.

1. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    I just got a newsletter from Scooter-attack, and they announced this mega kit for the Piaggio 125-180 2 stroke engine.

Very expensive at £ 1175,-, but looks promising.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.scooter-attack.com/index2.php?main=shop/artikel.php?artnr=B-2118

Tuning kit Fabrizi Racing 210cc

The main changes at the new 210cc engine revision kit from Fabrizi can be seen at the cylinder itself. The cylinder base will now be directly bolted to the casing. Therefore no cylinder studs are in the way of the exhaust port. This offers increased room for porting in the exhaust section. The quality has also been significantly improved as compared to the predecessor models. Fabrizi claim a performance of 33 hp after having installed the components. With this cylinder, the crankcase will also need an increase in sealing surface.

Included in the kit are: :
    - Cylinder :
    -Crankshaft:
    - Exhaust

Please note that Fabrizi only produce in small quantities; if there in no kit in stock, you will have to expect longer delivery times.

2. connor

connor Active Member

i thought there was only a 210 for 4strokes :emb:

3. shiny red

shiny red New Member

this has been around for ages?there is a couple of clips on you tube of one ripping about?

4. StEvO

StEvO Active Member

well unless theyve improved there buid quality 10x over,
    might aswel just throw it in the bin as the pics of the previous products proved there were aload of bodged shit when it did have huge potential

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    good potential.. shoddy build quality. barrels once straightend out should be good for 30+bhp out the box tho. huge 8 port layout.

6. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    made out of cadbury's mis-fits though

7. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Wouldn't say no to one though ;)

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i honestly would for that price... grab a crosser barrel and adapt to fit.. MUCH better quality

9. LIVELY16

LIVELY16 New Member

i was finking of doing that , alot of case work would need doing and how heavey rollers would u need and things like that. you would have to fit a crosser crank shaft aswell wouldnt ya but im guessing altho im no expert the cassings would need alot of flowing and transmission would be hard to setup wouldnt it. i wouldnt mind doing that but have not got a clue ware to start , maybe minnor u can give me guide lines :cool:

10. gazell

gazell Active Member

could you get an rs125 barrel to adapt on to runner caseings and would the be any decent gains you reckon.. im just thinking seen as they are capable of 30+bhp

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    when will people learn, the rs barrel is SHIT AND MADE OF TIN FOIL

crosser barrel can bolt onto an adapter plate bolted to the engine, no mods required case wise.. then find a piston with the correct gudgion pin size/bearing that makes up the diff. the spacer plate will raise the barrel up so you need to remove the same material to match the stroke area. the ports will then be alot higher so drop the bottoms and it should be good for over 30bhp.

so much guesswork, no logical thought ;) think about things more and they make sence

12. gazell

gazell Active Member

fuck me u gotta be clued up to do all that..

would it be just as easy to port fuck out the 172 barrel then do that tho..because ive never heared of people like psn etc doing this with diff barrels or to be fair they might just not have the know how???

13. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    give a beaver a lump of metal and 10 minutes later youll have a barrel with better build quality than that.

14. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    right.. psn/pm ARE NOT the be all and end all of tuning... they have only touched the surface using stock replkacment bits (like 172's and the like) dig about for some of the disc valve 244cc euro engines and you will see these @tuning companys@ are junior league.

2t tuning is ALL about using good bits from diff engines adapted to fit.
    what do you think people did befor tyou could go an buy a bore kit?

15. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

if you wanted to fuck about modding a barrel to fit why not just fuck it and go for one with a powervalve system, that could prove interesting :pimp:

16. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    CR85 lump ;)

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    its not just the valve... its the controler and allsorts.. its an auto aswell so can just run the timings for the open setting and set the clutch to kick in at the start of the powerband..

18. LIVELY16

LIVELY16 New Member

yeh im thingking of doing it with a cr125 barrel because my engines in peaces as it is , but minnor i dont under stand wat you mean by the adaptor plate . what about cranks. what crank would u use to cope with this sort of power.

19. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Would it not be possible to "somehow" adapt the cases to house the CR crank and top end?
    Or am I just dreaming when I say this??
    But I don't think that you would be able to keep it on the back wheel....
    I mean, The CR85 used to go everywhere on the back wheel through the power bands, and on twist 'n' go it would be mad :w00t:

Edit: I always thought that the power band was just when a engine reaches it peak performance/RPM?

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    :confused:
    there isnt a part called a "powerband" its a term.. a powervalve is a thing in your exhaust port that reduces diameter/port hight at lower rpm, great on a geard bike that has load from verry low rpm.. no good for a scoot with a decent setup auto sys so you can just make a barrel the same as the powervalve barrel fully open. sorted.

adaptor plate, how hard can it be... bolts into original place where the studs usually go with flush bolts. on the plate there is a hole and the mounting studs for the barrel.

a decent crank in a scoot can handle alot. just buy strong