tuneing my gilera stalker 50.

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by matt.s, May 24, 2010.

1. matt.s

matt.s New Member

Rides:
    04 gilera stalker
    sapnin.....so iv been thinking about what to do with my stalker now iv got it runnning and rideing good im currently waiting for the log book and iv got a few hundred quid spare so im going to tune it.....but i dont have a clue which part/brands work well together or where to start to be truthful this is the spec at the moment...

seven sports exhaust
    20.5mm dellorto carb
    open cone filter (soon to be changed)
    had a look and the clutch has got yellow spring's dunno if there stock ??

what im basically asking is for someone with good knowledge of this engine to point me in the right direction what variator kit will work well with the engine or which 70 kit is good value for money if you had a few hundred quid to tune a stalker where would you start and what would you buy ?? :thumbsup:

2. bait

bait Active Member

for reliable evry day use id go for a polini sport 70 and id change your exhaust to a doppler s3r or a reverse or sumin (only as ive never heard of your exhaust) and depending on your bikes milage a new crank and some bearings
    if youve got the money a mhr rep (its alloy but has 2 piston rings) so has benifits of a alloy racing kit (good power) a new crank and set of bearings with some flowing done to the cases and a good exhaust such as a yasuni c16 or sumin with a polini or malossi variator and an adjustable clutch and possibly a gear up (malossi polini or s6 are all good)

3. matt.s

matt.s New Member

Rides:
    04 gilera stalker
    iv been looking at the 70 kits and the polini keeps catching my eye seem's good value for money so i think im defo getting the polini sport 70 kit.....

i dont want to go crazy and get porting/flowing done.....although i might change my mind after iv built the thing if im not happy with it minor will be getting a very nicely worded pm...... :lol:

what variator/speed control kit should i go for also what roller weight's should i buy just to test a few to see what works the best i was thinking about getting 5.5 gram 5.0 gram and 4.5 gram and testing them.

also i dont really wanna change the exhaust its in good condition im struggling to find info on the pipe but to say the ped is mostly standard it already nippy so i think it will be ok.