top speed

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by splintg, Jan 18, 2007.

1. splintg

splintg New Member

i dont understand somthing people here talk about tuned 172 that do 75 mph

so how can it be that my typhoon 125 without any tuning do about real 75/80 mph??? :confused:arc:

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Thats a very good point because my stock sr will do 80 (clock speed) actually around 75. must just be really bad setups on standard gears.

Or they are all fat bastards :w00t:

3. abz

abz Member

all they standered typhoon i have ridden have done around 70-75mph mate had a italian import it did 80-85mph clock speed standered

4. splintg

splintg New Member

so

so how much my typhoon with all the tunning will do???

5. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i suppose that depends on what you mean by all the tuning, i suppose if you wanted to go far enough you could make it pull well over 160 mph (would require major engine swapping though)

on a 172 with porting, a pipe, carb, the werx, i would guess 110 mph is possible with the right setup.

6. abz

abz Member

id say with all the stuff you doing it will hit 100mph clock speed , true speed i cant say tbh gps give right speeds but clock speed is never right

7. kcnw9

kcnw9 Member

isnt 80 quick enough lol, i only go like 45 :pimp:

kcnw9

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster

r u on crack?

9. splintg

splintg New Member

hope

i hope it will do about 110mph

10. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    if you drop a busa engine and swing armin ther it will in theory pull well over 160, but realistically its not sensible.

as for the 110 i beleive that is fully doable. with the original pair of cases and a 172/183 setup with port work, compression changes etc...

the down side is it wouldn't last long enough to nip down the shops for a newspaper and a crate of beers :(

nah mate, methanol ;)

11. james

james Member

110mph you lot are smoking even with all that crap done your speedo will read way over 100mph but probs do a real 80mph tops if lucky 35bhp x-race scooters just about do a real ton and thats it :w00t:

totaly agree with minor ...CRACK....

12. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
  13. skatergod

skatergod New Member

im not sure but.... im sure typhoon 125 aint as quick as runner 125s top speed? and the gearings on a 125 will only let u go like 75 MAX! frashing it! even as a stoke 125 probs goes like 70ish and with 172 and pipe might be getting 75(top speed outa the gearings) 180 gearings add abit more top speed... but gear up kits ike malossi,polini top racing are what will add like 10-15mph

14. james

james Member

standard gearing 75 :w00t: WOW..

65 max mate you lot need to understand scooters dont do these mad speeds you all think they do...!

15. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    and once you have maxxed the gearing, the only way to gain speed is more RPMs, to gain more rpms you need smoother running, better balanced cranks with better big end bearings...

... and a hell of a compression ratio :D

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    to max revs you need a pipe and WAY advanced ignition timing. a 172 wont do 160+ LOL a 172 with both gearups avalable will do 110 max (thas dyno speeds) coeffence of drag means air stops you.. thas why you loose acceleration. this is VERRY silly to be honest.

methanol needs higher compression ratios (not possible without seriouse head/timing work) face it.. stock gearing is 65 on a typh, 75 max on a runner. a gear up means 90 and 2 means your bike wont pull top speed. double revs means double speed but the most you will manage out of even the best 172 is 16k and that requires an inner rotor and some seriously trick ignition hardware. oh and a 5 and a half foot exhaust pipe. your not getting more than 101 on the road with ANY setup you can build with parts avalable.. even if there modded to the hilt

17. skatergod

skatergod New Member

no m8.... runners 172 with 125 gearigns will do 75.... mine atm being porly set up will do 73mph..... ask ben... and gazell.....

Edited) oh i just read what minor said and looks like i was right :bird: he he

18. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    MA PED DUZ 100MPH INIT BLUD. :pimp:

the highest reading i ever got, was 95 mph, downhill too, real speed i reckon

80 ish, but it's good to say you've had 95 to your mates :p

19. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125

never suggested a 172 will do 160, i suggested a typh would.

as for the 110, its gotta be possible as there are 120mph 125 bikes that come out of the factory that way. yes major modding of the head, piston and barrel along with port timing, ignition timing etc... would be needed to run methanol, but it's possible. the only problem would be getting the crank to take it.

oh and my stock sr pulls 73 mph, stock, head down, ACTUAL speed

20. skatergod

skatergod New Member

a typhoon can do 160mph..... my m8s did..... after he drove it of a cliff :w00t: