Too old at 58?... hope not...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by OddBob, May 17, 2019.

1. OddBob

OddBob New Member

Hi,
    I'm bob,58 years young and shortly to take my first CBT course.
    Long story short,been too ill til just recently to have taken it in my teens.

see you around...

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

A very warm welcome to you bob.

OddBob likes this.
  3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Welcome.
    You would be surprised how many people get into bikes later in life, it's like 60 percent I think?
    Have any plans on what bike you want?

4. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Welcome Bob

OddBob likes this.
  5. OddBob

OddBob New Member

I'm leaning towards a Yamaha xmax 125cc first ,then a bigger cc xmax should i pass my test later...

AndyS likes this.
  6. steve w hebburn

steve w hebburn New Member

Rides:
    1999 kymco zx fever
    hi, bob. dont worry m8.( ive just joined the fourm.) im 59 & back into biking after 20 years. always had the big stuff, but the mrs says " grow up" ha ha .never. enjoy. best regards. steve.

7. Oletimer

Oletimer New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio MP3 250
    Glad to see someone in my ball park. I'm 73 and love my bikes, think they'll have to put some wheels on me box, haha
    All the best
    George

8. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

I'm 72 and have had a lifelong interest in bikes/scooters. Still going strong lol

9. AndyS

AndyS New Member

I'm 48, recently rebuild a sym jet 4 50 for my son and a Yamaha xmax 125 for myself. I plan to ride mine for 18months then do the A2 test (arthritis means theres no point going the das route as i just can't pick up or maneuver a heavy bike well) and move up to a xmax 250/300. Been wanting to get back on 2 wheels for 30yrs so why not. Finally get to live that dream.

NigelRL likes this.
  10. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

You could always go the MP3 route providing you have a car licence?

11. AndyS

AndyS New Member

Have a full car license, but not keen on the dual front wheel setup as it looks a bit complicated to work on. I want to get my hands dirty working on it, servicing, etc.
    Still thank you for the idea.

12. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

I had an early 250 and it was very good but that was not a "trike". The early ones suffered a bit from poor electrics mainly the speed sensors but I think they have all been sorted by now.
    I was just thinking about your mobility problem as the MP3 locks upright and can be pushed around.
    Once you get used to them you can also press the lock button just before you stop and you can keep your feet up.
    The engine etc is just a standard Piaggio engine as are the front hubs as they used the parts bin when they designed it. All the front suspension needs is a grease gun now and again.
    They aren't that complicated once you understand how they work and it would save a driving test lol

13. AndyS

AndyS New Member

I'll take another look at them when its time to upsize, i've seen the 300cc version so will look for a test drive then.
    Cheers.