throttle cables!!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by MiNoR cOnFuSiOn, Dec 2, 2008.

1. minimaterix

minimaterix Member

2. ludixblaster

ludixblaster Member

Rides:
    gilera runner 125sp
    where do you grease a gilera runner throttle cable? as the twist is starting to go slower back and stick at full throttle unlesss u snap back

nice one

3. ludixblaster

ludixblaster Member

Rides:
    gilera runner 125sp
    took my bar end off and it was that so dm now ;)

4. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    the 4 stroke cables are out in the open by the carb so whenever i clean the bike i clean the cable and spray it up working it up with the throttle

5. youngdan

youngdan New Member

Rides:
    katana lc, TZ250
    good advice gents, i went and bought a new one. got a universal one with a screw on end, it was 8ft long!!! but this was good as i routed it a different way and as a result it is now way smoother. i lubed it before it was installed and now is quality.

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    even better one monty... get yourself to a pushbike shop and ask for a "v brake cable rubber" im sure you know what i mean... if not then its basicly a little rubber gator (consitina tube) wich slips over the cable.. it springs back an forth wiht the cable and holds the lube in the top of the sleve so the lubricant you use doesent eventually dribble out... WELL handy on a 4t :)

7. jamesknowles1991

jamesknowles1991 New Member

Rides:
    gilrea runner 125 sp
    Re:

mine stuck once checked the cable and notting wrong i put some wd40 around the throttle girp when off and a lil on the slide now work perfec cost me 1.50 lol

8. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx
    my throttle cable went on thursday night :cry:
    was frayed and revs were sticking halfway, had a look on friday morning and the cable just snapped by the splitter,

ordered a 2nd hand 1 from ebay cos i couldnt find a new replacement,
    came this morning and fitted it after i gave it a good lubing up!

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    well, the first few frosts of the year have set in and as so every gram of grease on my bike's and your bikes has evacuated. meaning its time to get the winter bits out and keep ontop of your bikes once again, most importantly the throttle...

yes i go on about this time and time again, but sitting on your bike, starting it up and it shooting off down the road with no way of stopping it isnt nice..... get your 3 in 1 out and give it a few drops, wont realize it needs it untill you do it, then go over your bike as closely as you know how (look in the haynes manual for the most long winded service) it may seem like picky nominal stuff, but when the weather turns sour every mm of tread on your tyres, every ounce of braking pressure from your well ajusted brakes, every slight bump your well maintained suspention is soaking up, the extra space you leave infront of you in bad weather and evey person who see's your bright well looked after lights are what KEEP YOU ALIVE.

safe riding everybody

10. tarkerz

tarkerz New Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50R
    mine used to stick on a daily basis -.- your over reacting, if you know its stiff, drive abit more careful and keep more distance away from cars, there is such thing as a kill switch, so if it does start to stick just cut the bike out and pull over...

11. tarkerz

tarkerz New Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50R
    and as brakes are concerned, ive drove from my house to a scrap yard 15miles away from my home using nothing but my trusty steel toe cap shoes as brakes, seriously, your all over reacting, its abit of risk?

12. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    Oh well in that case we will just keep ours hands over the keys and use our steel toe caps for brakes. Damn , why didnt i think of that before.

13. tarkerz

tarkerz New Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50R
    duhh, just dont go super fast, i was going 30mph tops with stuck thottle cable
    and as for brakes i just went 30 on flats and down hill, got to 20mph and turned ignition off

14. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    But, is that the way to go about it ?

Or would you rather lube/replace a cable every now and again and sling a set of brakes in to keep you safe on the road?

15. yellasei

yellasei Member

Rides:
    125 typhoon
    turned the ignition off??????????? no lights, no brake lights????? :beg:

16. tarkerz

tarkerz New Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50R
    no its not the way about it, but if you cant afford it, or the shop it out of stock there is nothing you can do, and only reason i was going without brakes is because it was going for scrap, whats the point in buying pads to scrap for next to nothing ...

17. tarkerz

tarkerz New Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50R
    are you really that simple, it was daylight obvs, my scoot had ignition settings, so i could have all electrics on and no spark, or all off, and all on, i had an underseat stereo :)

18. yellasei

yellasei Member

Rides:
    125 typhoon
    so you don't need brake lights in the daytime then???......not as simple as you it seems.

19. tarkerz

tarkerz New Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50R

are you disabled, i could have all electrics on and no spark, hence the brake light... jeeee'z

20. yellasei

yellasei Member

Rides:
    125 typhoon
    hey mate, pm me if you have to call me disabled!!!