throttle cables!!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by MiNoR cOnFuSiOn, Dec 2, 2008.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    an no its the typh splitter thats shit.. can run a straight splitter through a typh throttle.. you simply use an nrg top cable and cut the pip off the end of the cable.. pull it through an voiala, typh with the original throttle wihtout any snappin cables. they are more prone to snap when you use a bigger nippled brake cable (pushbike)

by far the best thing on a typh is no splitter... long cable from carb to throttle.. fookin LUSH

2. jon_w

jon_w New Member

I dont think every moped rider is aware of how to take a throttle cable off a slide

Mines greased every service anyway

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    exactly, if you cant do it read up or have it serviced...

4. one7twoboi

one7twoboi New Member

Amen to that :punk:

Hands up to Minor for raising this usually never thought about subject ;)

5. Burns

Burns Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia sr50
    the cable on the SR is dead tight and like notchy and it aint even conected to the carb :rofl:

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye, so its FUCKED then aint it... new cables, mabey new splitter/throttle unit.. things DO wear out (people with scoots are SO cheap nowadays... a broken one isnt good enough for now if it stil works...) change it

7. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

and dont think tyres have been mentioned. they are just as important this time of the year.

amount of people you seen riding about on slicks lol

8. one7twoboi

one7twoboi New Member

9. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3
    LOLOLOLOL

10. pembo_99

pembo_99 Member

anyone else find themselves going sideways round most corners a few nights back? scary stuff haha the looks i got off some old man while drifting round a corner at about 10mph haha..

especialy in this weather your bike MUST be tip top,

last thing you want is to be heading for an icy corner, flat out with slick tyres... you only get one chance..

11. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you get the point, i made a mistake by using 2t, still works but takes a bit longer to go through,

the stuff in the bottle is the one to use though.

12. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

my throttle cables 6 yrs old and works fine :p

13. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    thats because you maintain it as you should.

was refering to the bloke who didnt know how to do it, but yeah, perfect example of a well maintained throttle cable, i'm sure you look after the rest of your bike the same way dave

14. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

its not exactly up to Terro's black typh standard...

but i try and keep on top of it, its in good nick for a daily use work horse

i suppose :D

p.s nice pics of oiling a cable by the way ;)

15. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    lol, cheers, was servicing a bike at work an thought id take some pics whilst i was at it, put a end to this nonsence, so now nobody has an excuse :rofl:

16. bait

bait Active Member

thats very helpful i usualy change once when i buy b4 i put the bike on the road and once when i sell (as only ever had a bike for like half a year max) just so i can say that i have but that looks like a good method
    how often do you oil your cable?

17. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    erm , i dont know when it should be done , but i just do mine twice a year, once before winter and once before the summer. or just whenever it feels like it could do with it.

18. typh70

typh70 New Member

that picture u posted mick i fough that was where someone head had splattered on the tank lool then i looked closely

19. Louie.Aerox

Louie.Aerox New Member

dunno what to do with my throttle now when i got my bike it was shit was stiff as fucck so i brought a brand new cable put it on and its still stiff? :confused: anyone know what could be the matter with it?

20. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    slide in the carb,spring, or just open up your twistgripthing on the handle bar, might have some shit stuck in it or just badly worn