threads taking ages to load?

Discussion in 'Comments / Feedback / Suggestions' started by RojAEROX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

all of the different sections load fine but seperate thread take fuckin ages, its weird. i cleared all my cookie etc and it still happens

does this happen to anyone else/any admin know how to fix it?

2. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

Yeah its like having an acient pc on this website

3. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer man its really weird, i never have issues on other websites so im a bit like wtf

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Hosts a bit shit to be honest. Going to look into if they can sort it if not we will move hosts.

Would be able to move it all quite quickly just it would take a while for the URL to point at the right place.

5. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

well annoying :(

6. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

ha so its not just me then :rofl:

7. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    nah i got it aswell. it started with me when the thing for malossi firks was at the top of the screen so i thought terro had programmed it to take longer t make sure people saw the ad lol :rofl:

i sill get it though

8. tErr0

Sadly it has nothing to do with that though. I uninstalled the mod a while ago.

We get close to 4 million page hits on a good month so i think the host might not be up to the task. :msn1:

9. JaMeZ

JaMeZ New Member

yep just recently started happening to me too, abit annoyin keep thinkin my wireless has gone off :w00t:

10. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    yup i got the same thing, loads 3 quarters then conks out for a few mins then it loads slowly :rofl:

11. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    thought it was just my pc, obviously not, it's a bit annoying sometimes but, meh.

12. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

yeah same for me as well, a lot of the times i get so bored waiting i do one :pimp:

Hey Terro, I know computers are your living so:

I expect youve thought of this already (and it takes ages) but a couple of
    other forums i go on have had to delete alot of spam and pointless threads/argueing etc to free up space and loading speed :D

QUE: Terros reply making me look like a complete idiot loool

13. tErr0

Sadly that's no help. Normally people do it just to reduce costs of hosting. Our current host allows 10GB of space and a 100GB of bandwidth a month. That's enough to cover about 10 times what we need.

Sadly the problem is their shockingly bad hardware on their server. Well this is my educated guess anyway.

New host is about 150GB of space and 1,500GB of bandwidth per month but more importantly should be on top spec servers.

Worked out it should only take about 2 days for the URL to swap over so be warned any posts from now wont stay.

14. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

AAAHHH right i see, well it sounds like your on it Terro...

i know a forum that just got rid of a hell of a lot of posts, including a lot of
    valuable information to speed the server up!!

when all along they just had a crap server then, shame :wtf:

15. tErr0

Yeah it's no excuse. I know of forums with 50,000 posts a day (yes you read that right) running phpbb and they don't have any problems.

Sadly messing with databases does take a while though as ours is a 200mb text file. Insanely huge.

16. tErr0

Right... Move will be going ahead in the next week or so. I will try and keep the most recent posts as i can. Site should only be down for a couple of days while the DNS updates to the new location but there will be plenty of notice. ;)

17. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    your comp must run slow as fuck terro with all the shit on it youve got???? or is it like the computer off of swordfish, with like 12 monitors LOL

18. tErr0

Beast of a computer to be honest. 3 Screens helps.

19. Crana

Crana Active Member

Who hosts SS atm? And DNS wont take long to change, I think its like a day for most service providers to update.

Only been slow latey tho :confused: Goodluck with the move :punk:

20. tErr0

Some pile of wank. Blame ben.

DNS used to take a week but most places now quote about 2 days.

Sites up at it's new location and running well but it still needs a bit of work to complete the install. ;)