Thread subscriptions

Discussion in 'Comments / Feedback / Suggestions' started by Dominic, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Dominic

Dominic New Member

As far as I know, if you subscribe to a thread, you are notified via email when there is a new post.

On other forums I'm on, I have the option of what kind of subscription I have for each thread. For example, no email notification, instant email notification, daily notification etc.

Personally I like to subscribe to threads but don't like the notification emails. Reason being because I find it good to go into my UCP and see if there are any new posts to threads I have posted on.

Also, it's good to be able to go back to a really old thread if necessary by just going into my UCP rather than having to search for the thread name if I can't remember what it was called.
    Easy that way.

Just my 2c anyway.

2. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Sadly as phpbb isn't designed to work in this way then it isn't going to change. It's a lot of work for a option that's hardly ever used. Phpbb is designed to be for large forums where users check back quite often.

I have currently disabled dotted topics which show when you have replied to a topic due to it causing high load on our cheap servers. Really slowed the forum down.

Not much more I can say really?

3. Dominic

Dominic New Member

Ah that's cool terro. I suppose I could just use my old email address so it doesn't clash with important stuff. I will be able to look back in the UCP at older threads when I've been here for a while, that's all I wanted it for really.

Sorted bro :thumbsup:

4. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

I know what you're saying about it all but if you didn't already know, to the top right of the page is 'view your posts' which will list all the posts you have posted on, and when they are updated etc.

5. Dominic

Dominic New Member

Cheers Jefro :cheers:

I've browsed for a year or so but never posted until now :blush: