the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    Over here Washington State is in the north west corner of the country. Very little sun, lots of cloudy days and rain. The sun comes out for the first time around the last of June to early July. These folks have no exposure to sun for 8 months, and then take their white, white bodies out in the sun to get a "tan". They actually fry like eggs. Half the people in the state of Washington have a sunburn the first day. It happens every year, its predictable.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    That's brought back a memory,of the massive 'water' blister's on my shoulder's as a sprog.:).

Rockin'EZ likes this.
  3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Topping up the V/C,with the last of the oil it came with,before starting my final week at college.'bout 1/2 5.,
    be buying it's 1st bottle wed.,
    so excited,baby get's it's 1st feed.............. .

4. ginge

ginge Active Member

yeah accidentally lol

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Just stuffed the bike down the road,'bout 20mins ago.........:eek:.

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Think this f.....g comment has come back too haunt me........ ........ .. . ..... .

7. bogey

bogey Active Member

Worked all day but just been longboarding for the first time in about 6 weeks. Crazy really , skated all winter and hardly touched it in the decent weather.

8. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    got up. went to work so that I can give the government some more of my money to pay for lazy smackheads/alchys who have nothing better to do than watch Jeremy kyle/drink do whatever it is they do. worked on a piece of shit Vauxhall corsa all day. whole new engine and gearbox/brake lines and brakes. would of been cheaper for the idiot to just buy a new car. £4500 hes now spent doing that one up with us. got stuck in traffic on way home because some pleb cant drive and has crashed. screamed and shouted at the radio for a while. got pissed off. gave in with my diet and went to mackys. went to local supermarket and bought some monster. fuck it. if theres one day where im aloud to, today should be that fucking day.
    im now sitting at home shouting at the TV watching some benefits program about big familys. wanting to shoot every single one of the fat lazy bastards.
    bad mood level today - 99999999999999999999999999.

9. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Be sitting on my arse,doing jk s..t,cause I can't even raise my arm properly yet.:(......

10. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    Mark, I do know how this one feels. It sucks, but at least you have one hand free to drink beer.

I damaged my right rotator cuff (shoulder) about 30 years ago. Every 5 or 6 years it acts up. I end up one armed for about 2 weeks while it heals. Sometimes I have to have it injected with cortisone. That is always a joy.
    The Orthopod wants to do surgery, but that is what they do. If your only tool is a hammer.......

11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    No beer,grrrrrrrr-
    timing's not right,plan that a bit more nowadays.:(.........
    2WEEKS!!!!!!!!,on the clock,mate....i've got 3 days MAX,to recover.,
    can't raise arm more than a few "'s at the moment naturally.though had year's of physio for my legs-
    so know a graduallising tricks.:).-
    can't even consider riding at the moment,be fekking screaming,be riding thur.morn,even if painful still,know my body fair well,confident.;).

12. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    got up, went to work, shut the garage early, came home. now getting ready to go and test ride what could be my first big road legal bike - around a car park. also need to pop up to my instructors place and get a lesson booked before I go for mod1

13. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    Freaking sale of my Condo fell through today. Back on the market.
    Oh well. Life is a bitch, and then you die.

14. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    I am now the proud owner of a zzr400 which needs a bit of work but is being done by the place my brother works included in the cost of buying the bike. while I was there the boss asked if I knew anyone that wanted to buy a mig welder and grinder with a shit ton of discs for £90. well I ended up buying it to go into my little garage so I can have some fun pissing about with it on the weekends and trying to make all sorts of crazy shit. first up, brother needs a bike trailer for his push bike. shouldn't be hard to do. buying the mig welder also got me £30 off the bike, not moaning.

Rockin'EZ likes this.
  15. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    Congrat on the zzr400. MIG welder deal sounds sweet. I want one. I have a small arc welder, and use it all the time. I used to be a VW nut and I bought it to replace body panels on rebuilds.
    How is the shoulder?

16. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    im not the best of welders but I can do strong welds, just not the tidiest so now I get to practise a bit more. thinking about a few different projects I can do now I have it. don't like arc welders much but I can arc weld, just migs easier for me. im a ford nut and fords rot/rust like hell over here so im sure ill need it to do a few bits and pieces if I get another old ford to do up, but for now im going to get a shit load of steel and start building stuff like push bike trailers and maybe try building a recumbent trike for a bit of fun. my old van has been scrapped now, new van is at work.gets insured in two days until then ive got a hired Vauxhall vivaro - oh the joys of having fuck all power. my new personal van had the windows smashed so that's waiting for either autoglass to come out and sort them or ill go down the breakers yard Saturday and get some myself and sort it Monday. the Yamaha is off to Yamaha tomorrow to be sorted under warranty. then im probably going to sell it as soon as I get my mod2 done, my instructor has booked me a lesson for tomorrow, mod1 booked for Thursday 3rd july, as soon as ive passed that ill book mod2, trying to get test done ASAP.

Rockin'EZ likes this.
  17. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    I think ive changed my mind about the bike. I want a triumph. apparently the tiger 800 is restrictable to A2 restrictions so I could have one. going to go and talk to them about sourcing me one and getting it all restricted etc instead of having the zzr, if not ill still have the zzr happily.

18. ginge

ginge Active Member

Went to work
    Honestly how can people live in such dirty shit holes seriously

19. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    I dunno. dunno how I managed to live in the dirty shit hole of Walsall for so long... glad im gone ;)

20. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Got out of work at 3pm today, they let us out to watch the england match. Hate football but wasn't going to turn down the opportunity. Came home, drilled the broken exhaust support bolts out of a sym jet, put the new exhaust on, had to re-jet to compensate, revs nicely. Still got to replace the stator, not charging, and the lights wont work without the battery, which it also doesn't have.