the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Got the GP125,'A' reg.reckon it's restricted from 15-12 via the early 80's 12hp b******s,5 minute derestrict.:),though the rebuild's gonna be fun - been sitting in a shed for decades .;.

Stevep and scubabiker like this.
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Good.
    Looking forward to next year. Got another in a couple of weeks, but im going to have to cancel, the logistics just dont work out

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Can't sleep, too much rattling round the head, been up since 3am.:mad:
    Finally got the dating certificate for Biff the Ageing Boff, so I can now keep the original registration thats on it.:p
    Ebay seller is REALLY pissing me off now because I left them negative feedback over a defective product, tough, it is what it is.
    Struggling to find the next 3 or 4 project bikes that I want to do, might buy another zzr1100 for myself and do it as an unfaired hooly machine,
    but the business needs to come first. Really must crack on with the website.........
    Had a quote recently to have my driveway done, £9000!!! I know it's a big place but FFS..........on the plus side it will make it look a lot better.
    The tree in the front WAS going to get severly trimmed yesterday, until the chainsaw decided to lose it's spark!
    That put the mockers on that days work then.
    The house is going to get a beating, one of the kitchen walls is coming out to extend it, that means a new kitchen, lights, electrics, downstairs loo, and the back door is getting moved to it's original position from when the house was built back in 1930. Then the living room will get done, new tv might be in order for the wall, and a sound bar, new flooring, new recessed fire or a wood burner. Still un-decided about that bit.....
    New bathroom upstairs, that'll keep my mate going for a week or so.
    Got plans for the inside of my garage but need to make space first, have to visit my employer from years ago for some truck flooring, 25ft lengths of 22mm thick should do the job nicely, that will create a long machine area down one side, once I've concreted and levelled it of course.
    Only a few weeks to go before "The Gang" is off on our annual bike tour of Europe; Ashford, Rotterdam, Groningen, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Gothenburg and back again. Plus we have Bike4Life on the 28th April and our mates 50th birthday on 11th May in Wales.
    "The Gang" has already decided on the next 2 years tours, Portugal for 2020 and we are going back to Croatia for 2021.
    On top of all this work I need to do for my own sanity, my father has recently been diagnosed terminal with intersticial lung disease.
    They said it's terminal but then he is 90 years old already, and mankind isn't supposed to live forever, regardless of how well the NHS looks after us. So it's just a case of getting the oxygen into the house, making him as comfortable as possible and wait for him to suffocate to death, just like grandad did some years ago, although he had 4 different types of asbestos in his lungs from working on the schools so the post-mortem discovered. Mother is at the stage where she doesn't want to leave him alone too long now because he tends to fall over for no reason, I think his legs are going, and at her age, 84, it's a definate struggle to get him up again between them, so I get a phone call to go pick him up if their next door neighbour isn't around. Not fair on the neighbour by any means, but they are good neighbours thank god. Mothers off to bingo today so I shall go and do the duties, gives her a break to go enjoy herself and see her mates for a few hours.
    Ah well, they looked after us when we were young and incompetant, then comes our turn to look after them when they become old and incontinent. That's the true circle of life.
    Now I've got that little lot out of my head for while, I'll get back to 'the norm'.
    Just popped downstairs to put a new loaf in the machine, fantastic piece of kit by the way, fresh bread on demand and you know whats gone into it, no more dodgy stomach due to shop loaves for me, made a cuppa, fell UP the stairs on the way back, tea all over the place!
    Oh yeah, and the cat died. Another old bugger, 19 years old, fell asleep on his bed, didn't wake up again. Way to go cat.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Taking the day off,drinking loads of beer -
    pile of Walking Dead dvd's.;).

scubabiker likes this.
  5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

You read the comics mark?
    They are way better than the show

6. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

01378C79-0AE9-4C1F-915B-6E07AD422BFB.jpeg Got the bike out.... This weather !

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

We have strong winds and hail here...
    (guessing you all saw the cruise ship on the news.)

8. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Don’t watch or listen to news.., we have just seen off storm Gareth though

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

IMG_20190323_160032.jpg
    However this one is getting some work done.
    Forks coming off, springers going on. Seeing if a 21 inch wheel will fit the springers.
    Going old school chopper I think.
    Sissybar, upswept pipe, the lot.

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Ooh hello, looks like I got visitors....

IMG_20190325_124452.jpg

11. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Might go and play golf for a change tomorrow, have a day off from the garage.

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

IMG_20190327_120802.jpg
    I made cake.
    It's nammy.
    Nammm mmmmm

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

IMG_20190327_120747.jpg
    And "super" brownies....
    Also nammmm mmmmmm nam nam

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Any "medication" in those brownies by any chance?????;)

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

No...
    I quit weed years ago, something I really struggled with actually, stopping opiates is easier through my experience.
    However on that subject, I'm looking into CBD instead of all these strong ass opiates...

16. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

We were talking about that and another oil last week in the pub. A type of naturally occuring fish oil but more pure. Can't remember what it was called now. Apparently the effects are started to be felt after about a month of useage, supposedly makes the joints a lot more subtle and is allegedly helpful with joint pain relief rather than just using cod liver oil alone. Don't know how far it would go in your case though.

scubabiker likes this.
  17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

IMG_20190329_135438.jpg
    Took the puppy for a drive and dog for a walk.

Sam phantom likes this.
  18. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Working with B.J. today.:),Hindu guy with limited but passable English - very much a f$^_$k it in there anyway attitude & can drink a litre of whiskey as quick as me knocking back a cup of tea -
    Were having a BLAST.:):).

19. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Make sure to SORN your ride immediately - if your insurance runs out & your the registered keeper.!
    Buggers caught me out on a bike i've in storage.....
    Left them a nice little quote in the feedback section.so i did.;).

20. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Should have the V5 for the Yamaha project next week according to dvla, happy days, also had a call off it's previous female owner, who is mighty happy at what I'm doing with it. I have a feeling about that when it's finished.........

Talking of women........

Subject: A woman's poem

He didn't like the casserole
    And he didn't like my cake.
    He said my biscuits were too hard
    Not like his mother used to make.
    I didn't perk the coffee right,
    He didn't like the stew.
    I didn't mend his socks
    The way his mother used to do.
    I pondered for an answer,
    I was looking for a clue.