the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Shower on the cheap too.

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Should have brought my Ariel -
    laundry day would have been easier.;)

BigHeavy likes this.
  3. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Currently trying to figure out how Im going to strap two 2 tonne car ramps and a complete car exhaust system to the back of my scooter. :rolleyes:

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Done the full car exhaust when i was on the job on my TGB - how i did'nt get stopped was beyond me (6.5 miles :):)..).
    Stack it/strap it & put it on wheels + chain or rope.;).

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Finally cracked up.......
    so little time outside of work to myself/i've arranged a home delivery for my food shop.:(,
    .....think i spent too much - - - - -
    Reckon next one should be around Christmas.:):):).

6. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Ive decided not to risk it because knowing my luck Id get tugged, Im just going to take a taxi when I go to the car next. £10 taxi fare is better than getting hassled by plod.

7. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Collected my car today with the assistance of some lads from work after getting a tip off from a mate who works in the bodyshop next to the garage that the garage were hooning about in my car.. Decided to take my car to a garage to have the exhaust fitted only for it to come out with less of an exhaust than it had before a nice scratch down the passenger rear side and the interior absolutely filthy with 200 miles extra on the clock and fuel light on :mad::mad::mad:

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Blatted along a backroad on the way to work this morning,got a good angle approaching my favourite roundabout & hit it spot on into the apex.......
    Straight into a slick of diesel.:( ---
    going to see if i can crack a walnut between my cheeks later's .cause all i remember thinking was it's been awhile.;),
    SWEAR they steered me straight up again as the front wheel slid out a couple of feet,
    scrubbed the tyres off a bit on some major dirt/dust close to work on one of the well dusty roads to clean them up a bit.

Thankful i did'nt wear white ones this morning.:)

9. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Picked up some LED bulbs to go all round on the Kymco. The brake light has stopped working so I'll change them all while im at work tomorrow. I'll probably have to add resistors in on the indicators but it doesn't look too fiddly of a job. I need to get the belt and rollers changed along with a service and some brake pads before I ride it to Nottingham next month too but my impact gun has had it and I rarely get enough time off to do it myself. Think Ill have to find a mechanic to do it :eek::rolleyes: Ill need to get my top box fitted too but I cant find the base plate :mad:

10. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Just picked up another Agility for some parts that I need for mine, £150 and a half mile push home. Adding up the prices of parts that I need on eBay, Ive just saved myself £200 :D

11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    1800 miles & the ride quality on the Vision has just completelty gone AWOL - feels as if suspension's gone rigid of sorts & now i'm seriously feeling every bump on the road & a bit uneasy riding it.!!

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Tyre pressures? Rear shock leaked?

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Tyres were the first i looked at - front was down a bit with rear dead on/well within limits no damage to tread or sidewalls.
    Will do a off the curb test on the front suspension to check travel at work/though visual inspection of the front looks gold.
    Kitting up to otr SCV presently as want to have some panels off at weekend to give rear shock serious inspection - will replace as a matter of course.
    Lack of self service info sucks - but am following a lead to get it.....;).

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Rushed off my feet with this new job in the last few weeks; I'm setting up a completely new Transport Operation here in the UK for a company based in Mumbai.
    And when I say completely setting it up, I mean completely.
    They had no infrastructure here at all, nothing.
    Now we have land, no buildings on it, but we have some land, trucks and trailers will be ready by the end of next week, contracts are in place with a couple of BIG market players and are kicking off in 2 weeks time.
    I've done everything including spending their huge sums of money, and if it all goes Pete Tong, it's all my fault!
    And I can't hide for 2 reasons:
    1: I'm heading up the transport
    2: The directors have already been to my house for meetings!

15. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Starting to wonder where all those grey hairs popping up are coming from ??.:):):).).

16. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Kinda sorta had my first smash today :oops: bike a complete write off so having to get the £150 Agility city OTR now for work :confused: ordered all the bits Ill need to service it and get it safe to ride again and put insurance on it @ £290 a year TPO

17. AndreiMadness125

AndreiMadness125 Member

Sorry to hear that mate. Did you get hurt?

18. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    not really just some bruising could have been worse if I wasn't wearing my full gear

Mark Emerson Trentham and Stevep like this.
  19. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

and there is a prime example of why you wear the right stuff all the time, even in this heat!

BigHeavy likes this.
  20. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    All the gear all the time even for the shortest of trips! Id rather turn up sweaty and smelly than to never turn up at all. The zip broke on my jacket so I'll need a new one and my helmet needs to be replaced but they both did their job.

Stevep likes this.