the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    My faithful Sr hit 40,000 through the tunnel coming back from work .:).

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    'Skittering' problem on the SCV down to a slow puncture.;. -AFTER i've gotten a full suspension replacement kit together.!.,
    Smashed the living s☆☆t out of the Givi top-box it had on it (no key) - those screws were simply NOT shifting.!!.......... yes,i realise now that i could have just tapped it in a certain way & it probaly would have popped off....oops,still have my Piaggio box though :):).
    & enough wheels with fitted tyres for the F5 to equip a fleet of delivery vehicles.

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    \o/

im still about , been under the weather in the mind wise guys, this court thing has got me kinda low , health has become a little hazy , right now im battling a nasty ulcer the size of a 50p piece in the rear of my mouth , been two weeks with this thing now medicated but looks like i will be visiting the E-N-T section in hospital ( doc wants it biopsy to check incase its something else ) .

Scoots fine, now have a new variator fitted as the old one was super close to blowing itself apart , got a new kickstart side case BUT theres no kickstart and mine is kickstart :confused: , when the variator was fitted mech said the rear bearing carrier was falling apart, fact is the whole rear section is cracked ....... was NOT like that when scoot went in and when i fitted new belt a couple month early on.
    New avon stryker vipers fitted , BUT they still kinda new and not scrubbed in , weather is just to cold for me to be running around , takes about 5 mins and i am fully frozen even when fully geared up.

been floating around on Eve-online again to kinda get my mind of everything and doing a little bit of twitch streaming to. but im still here guys abiet not in a helpful kinda role as i was before, am hopeful this bout of feeling down and worthless will pass soon and i will be back to my old self again .. ( new court case is mid jan , got postponed due to them wanting medical evidence from my gp , yep my gp not my heart surgeon :confused: )

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Got a bit concerned not seeing you on here, chin up bud, things have a way of sorting themselves out in the end.

5. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Wish this scooter would sort itself out ..... booked in to see doctor this morning only appointment available until after christmas to get this mouth sore fixed , and bike goes and breaks down , get it restarted travel no more than quarter mile and it breaks down again. just shuts down from running fine , like someone turning the power off , BUT theres power all lights and etc etc work fine .

so yeah missed the docs appointment and had a long walk home with the piece of junk, until a kind fellow came out his house and offered the back of his van rescue . so much to say this chap went out of his way to give me and the scoot a lift home .

Now im stuck only mode of transport is dead, well its runs then just cuts out , no docs appointment and a mouth full of infection :(
    really am thinking of hanging up my skid lid for good now

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Corsodyl, over the counter mouthwash.
    I also suffer from mouth ulcers, have since I was a kid, no reason for it, had all the tests, nothing found.
    As soon as I feel one coming on, twice a day, goes away.

As for the scoot, sounds like fuel starvation

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
  8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I know! Some people just don't know how to close doors behind them!:D

9. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Difflan or something i been taking , numbs area for like 20 mins then pain is back for the x amount of hours. worse part the tongue stays numb for like an hour or more lol.

scoots in the shop , possible CDI - or the poor fitting that piaggio designed for fuel tap , ie shove a pipe onto tank shove fuel tap into pipe and fix it inplace with a screw down clip. went to push scoot down to shop and smelt petrol. then saw half my tank on the floor i have lost about 4lt of fuel from a full tank and rode quarter a mile since filling up.

starters screwed up now just spins catches and spins again , battery is next to dead , and now kickstart slips when you go to kick it . now its a wait and see what wallet damage its going to cost me .

10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    scoot is still in the shop been there all over christmas and will still be in there till atleast 8-9th jan .

now i really do miss having that old thing , makes my life so much more easy being able to get around not get ripped of with public transport fees , i mean just a trip to the town is half a tank of fuel and thats like 80+ miles i could ride on it.
    have 16 days till D-day arrives and i find out my medical benefit fate , got my copy of medical report and its what i suspected just palative care reports, a handful of letters from hospital mostly saying i turned down the heart op's , had the old nashers torn out the usual crap from doctors .

need to save every penny i get now, have a CBT renewal in march and the scoot insurance to , fingers cross the medical courts are on my side that will help me out so so much from backdate payments . would pay insurance the cbt and allow me to get full recovery cover on the ol scoot to.

11. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Finally finished my Fleet Diploma work, just put it before the tutor for some feedback before I submit it to the powers that be...................

12. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Scubers quiet?

13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
  14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

And made room for what.....................?

15. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    spark plug - ht lead and cap - battery reconditioned - diagnosis on spurious running - electrical check+charging check - new fuel petcock o-ring and tank clamp .... total cost just shy £100 quid .. time to do it 21dec to 10th jan . they called tuesday morning saying it was done, i mentioned the fuel leak and if i needed fuel and was told " oh we didnt know about that we will check it out and call back " ... so a day later they called back and said its fixed now. man its been a super long wait just to get this bike back again.

at least i got my two wheels back been so long without it . was so nice to be able to do things again and have that open road freedom back again.

16. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Sr did'nt sell...e/b newbie with an itchy trigger finger.(@#^#%___%%€€¥¥).
    NSC110.:).

17. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Got the word back from my tutor;
    She hasn't completely ripped me a new one, but has stated that there are too many paragraphs, they are too short, and I haven't included citations within the body of the text and done a complete reference at the end of each assignment.
    No mention on what I've written, just the way it's laid out isn't completely in the Harvard Style.

So, I'm taking from that the explanation and conclusions I've written is ok, but I need to work on the layout, citing and referencing parts.

I think.......maybe......oh well, here we go again...............my head hurts....................

18. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    So lost my medical court case , way DWP words the points system means the courts couldnt apply anything but the law as stated by the DWP, so i lost the case BUT even the court says that i do have some medical conditions ie they wanted to help but law wise cant.

well after getting that news i hit rock bottom again just felt like total poop, kinda picked myself up but went though this mad crazy mid life crisis, decided i am going to bleach my hair then go full on crazy colouring . Now started to look of part time jobs , went part time as that gives me an idea on what i can cope with work wise ie the hours and strains work places on me. jobs i am going to look for things like mcdonalds cleaner front of house staff like work, its less stressful and going to be more easy on my old ticker.

19. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Read the insurance policy on one of my bikes/catching up on paperwork,want to charge me an arrangement 'fee' of £30.00 to renew the policy...........bye.!.

20. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Thats about normal these days, but never ever auto re-new any policy, use all 6 comparison sites to shop around and then beat your current provider over the head with the quotes you get to bring yours down.