the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    had a quick ride out to pick up a vespa Haynes manual . very suprised to find it had a lot more info than expected

nrg - zip - skipper- vespa lx-px etc etc even gerila wire schematics , will look at uploading some when i get the chance and if the mobile phone will allow a decent image grab. theres a good 10 plus schematics im sure.

ok heres a tester image give me feedback on if its any good please ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Its because they are all basically the same bikes, different badges is all

3. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    aye but now you can find the schematics to electrics in the Workshop :)
    from zips to sfera - phoons - skippers . et2 et4 lx gt and so on

scubabiker likes this.
  4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Having a few beers,eating junk food........ & ..........becoming slightly disturbed watching a bike program with someone who's decided to turn a BSA Goldstar into a bobber &/take an angle grinder to a Brough Superior's petrol tank to suit his evil design.!.

5. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Saw that it was on Cafe Racer. I expect the hit men from the various clubs will be hunting him down now lol
    It wasn't even a restoration job he cut up a perfectly good Gold Star?

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I'm no purist/far from it - but evolve a bike maybe..that that was too much money/no sense.
    (No,i am not jealous of their skillset.;..) .:).

7. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Ride out to a bike meet at the local bikers cafe , bumped into a driver i used to be a delivery boy with when i was a young lad, he rides a big ol 1000cc monster was nice to see him looking well we had a chat and went our ways, nodoubt we will bump into each other a fair bit going to the same bike meets.

spent the evening adding all the carb data to the piaggio wire schematics thread in the workshop for all our members and visitors . i am in hope that data will become a gold mine for all , they are all stock settings including choke-pilot-main jet sizes and where noted idle screw settings and float level hight ( fuel level ) .

Stevep likes this.
  8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    went out for a little ride pulled into a carpark missjudged the loose surface and ended up falling off pippa, a bit of gravel rash to the right rear panel and a bruised ego . but i did get a snap of some ducks and swans ( proof added in attachments (of the wildlife not the falling off im not that stupid lol)

added the last three carb settings to the piaggio wire schematics post in the Workshop section , i have a lot more data i could add if folks want it ie timing degrees and ohms readings for ht coils but thats down to members and admin, its a lotta data so would take a while to get it all typed up and sorted out.

2 months no smoking WOOOOOHOOOOOOO , rode out to breakers yard to get a fuel sender for pippa the skipper only to find its the wrong type mine is the old style float on a stick leaver style and the one in breakers yard was a long tube with resistor diodes .
    Got pippas V5 today to find out she is a Cat C write off something i was never told by seller , this news now means i gotta get the front pannels off to see what damage there is and check the frame and subframe just hope pippa is not a kipper .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  9. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Filled up pippa lol, done a ride out last night to a biker meet @ Whitwell and Reepham railway station they meet up every friday evening 4pm to 8pm ( added a couple photos ), seen some lovely old time bikes AJS harleys bsa etc etc,....... today a quick run upto town to drop some shizzle to my little shit of a brother ........ then on out of town to a biker buddy named kyle with a poorly chinese single cylinder 125 fourstroke with a none spark issue.

he been 3 weeks working on this bike trying to get it to run, it just falls over each time, he was stressed and was near to point of scrapping it, today on facebook a little message " can you come help start my bike today please ", so me being me tipped out the freshly made cuppa tea , donned the dual sport fired up pippa the skipper and away we went, turning up at his house uninvited lol.

first off the spark plug, sparkplug gaps are there for a reason so the spark can jump and ground, he had a sparkplug gap of 0.00000001mm lol ( facepalm number one) so i fixed that, again no gapping tool so i used a piece of card its around 0.5mm so fairly close to the 0.6 - 0.7 spec he needed ....... NEXT is those cheap crappy chinese zingzangzong HT caps, yeah those bloody useless things that hold a sparkplug and allow it to hulahoop betetr than a world record holding hulahoop girl, i found one that was all mashed up and crappy but it gripped the plug tip nice and tight . inserted plug, ignition on plug on head clylinder and bam one kick on the kickstart and a huge bright spark.

all booted down and tank semi sat onto frame, fuel pipe onto carb and primed up one single kickstart and guess what ...... ITS ALIVE ..... 3 weeks tinkering and the old cowboy fixes the problem in like 5 mins lol :) one happy joy joy kyle and i can now have that well earned hot cuppa tea .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Stevep likes this.
  10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Carried out the Sr's 1st 1000 mile service,saw a few 'discrepencies' in regards to wiring,etc.,could tell/mind that this bikes been travelled a bit and fixed fairly well when required - especially liked the way the guy neatly crimped the duct tape between his fingers splicing some wiring.:) ... .
    My Haynes manual ain't exact.............................. .

11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Sr's electric start has just packed up.:(,annoying as it doesnt have a kicker.!,
    rediscovered the joys of bumping a several hundred pound m/cycle - bugger did i sweat it...have it DOWN now/though.:).

12. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    the second gear 50m dash lol then the 3ft jump and bump high jump lol , we could create a sport out of this lol hahahaha

13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Tried every gear.rated myself outta ten for each layer of rubber i wore off,wept gallons of sweat,caffienated myself in the extreme,chain-smoked fags in seconds &.....it turned out to be a 1 yard 1st gear POP......high.:)i'm running.woulda tired the s**t out of you fully but you just changed my oil & cleaned my filters love.:):).

14. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    lol try the second gear split lol find they go more easy in second gear as its a tad longer

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

try bumping a goldwing....
    anyway....
    i might buy an ultrasonic cleaner....
    10 year old petrol stuck in a vn1400 carb...
    nightmare cleaning job.....

16. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Gonna pull the wires tomm.just to check.
    Gd - hope i don't stall in traffic.eek.

17. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Pippa nearly killed me about 2hrs ago, 55mph on a major A dualed road and the rear end just locks up solid, 100m long black skid line and me fighting to keep it upright and in a rough straight line so glad i had that off road riding under my belt it was a mix of motocross and snowmobile riding . glad to say i am fine a little rattled and shaken but in one piece. had to then get the rear wheel freed up so i could push it along hard should to services station.

looks like pippa could have shredded a belt traveling at high speed am not sure on damage as yet am waiting on a call to get it recovered, then its a good long wait untill i have funds to get it fixed . hopeful its just a belt and not a clutch/variator , belt alone is 35 hard ones , a variator is 110 big ones :(

18. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Wow! that's not good fella!!! Glad you didn't come off and are ok !! Let us know what is was that caused the problem

19. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Still off the fags.?.:):).

20. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    after that slip n slide arse cheek clenching omg im gonna die , i got this under control nearly crashing scare .......... YEP lol nearly three months no cancer sticks , at the mo i am vaping rosey apple . tastes just like those rosey apple sweets we had as kiddies :).

good note i just recovered the skipper , but it dont sound to healthy very noisey tapping sound from front of variator, i think i have destroyed it and the belt and the clutch to .
    MOT's on scooter should involve checking variator/belt for wear they do it on chains and sprockets so should be done for variators and belts