the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Hope our london members are safe .... been two incidents in london tonight thoughts go out to the familys of those hurt

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Ditto !.,
    Clocked it on the news when i got up just before 02:00,
    Live just down the road from it - expect the usual frenetic call from Mum laters.

3. Renllek

Renllek Member

Made myself a clutch holding tool and a variator locking tool, sure as hell wernt paying for tools i could make for a couple of quid each!

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

5. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Spent last hour getting things all running ............

tomorrow i am going to look at a new scoot. its a piaggio Skipper 125 ST , looks to be in good order even for its age (2001 ) and has 20k on the clocks . i have enough funds to get scoot and tax it , so its going to have to be chained up like an elephant for a couple weeks while i rebuild funds up to get insurance swapped over and sell pedro as a wysiwyg , good thing is pedro has 6 months ticket still a full tank of gas and spare center stand / pannels and a liter of propper mixing oil

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

WOOHOO:):):)
    Gasket set arrived!

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Gallery is open!

8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    pedros alive again lol

went out three kicks and ring ting ting it went , but hold rear brake on and rap that throttle back it just climbs rpm no problem . belt slip - clutch slip - variator borked its a take your pick .

Good news, tomorrow i pick up a new member of the family PiPPA the skipper , a sexy looking woman in a lovely silver outfit with some black flashing, she has a lighting problem ( low beam not working but high beam/flasher does ) but thats not much of a problem i can fix that in the comming weeks/month .

9. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    thats good news buddy, hopeful you have a good few visitors through the doors

10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Sorted out my tax code,rebate coming.......
    Scooter long time overdo.:):).

11. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Decided that I'm going so far through this jag engine that I'm going to paint it's parts HEEHEE:cool:

scubabiker likes this.
  12. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    gave pedro a good once over, cranks fine it was overheating due to center stand pushing exhaust of mounting studs and that was causing exhaust gasses not to flow out of the shroud and overheating the whole motor. i cranked down the exhaust studs.
    you lad came round today with his dad, pedro fired on first kick, took it up the road fully cold with a lotta spluttering, but it soon pepped up and was flying along. you lad had a quick test uproad and back .... came back with a smile wider than the english chanel, we done the deeds and his dad had a quick test lol , his dad stepped back and the choice was the kids , i asked him do you like it .... oh yes ...... is it quick enough for you ...... oh hell yeah was the reply. .
    16yr old his very first bike he had £180 in his pocket , i had pedro up as sold as seen so i let him have it for £150 .

pippa is insured to swapped it over right away , vlog cam is low battery so its going to be a while before i do a first ride vlog ;)

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Next door neighbours lad has broke his CM125. That I found for him.
    The 2 cam sprocket bolts came out and dropped down the tunnel.
    Now it's out the bike and on my bench in pieces.
    He's got away very very lightly.
    No bent valves, no head damage, no gear damage, no timing damage.
    Looks like they just dropped down the tunnel, scraped along the sides on the way down, then dropped into the sump area and got lodged in the very bottom.
    There is some swarf chippings obviously from them chattering on the way down, but so so lucky.
    Just ordered full gasket set and new rings for it, might surprise him with a newly painted lump as well, seeing as it's his first ever motorcycle.

Renllek likes this.
  14. Renllek

Renllek Member

I only went and passed my motorcycle theory and booked my direct access!!

Still going to keep the scoot though, its an affordable way for me to fuel my want to modify and tune. Would love to do it to a car but it just costs too much money and i dont have the room to do it myself

With the ped it wont cost the earth and i can do it in my garage, win win!!!

Tamiyacowboy likes this.
  15. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    went for a 26 mile round trip to drop off the odds and sods from pedros ownership change. went for a morning cruise to find a fuel sender float system from GB motorcycle breakers, nipped to the vapers lab grabbed some supplies .

decamped the chemistry setup aka the computer table , and mixed up a batch of e-liquid for myself. total cost for 250ml £20.50p, .... cost if i went to vape shop and purchased it £102 ...... i mean its a no brainer lol

16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Isnt that vapour stuff carcinogenic?

17. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Go's with out saying doesn't it lol

18. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    there were some addatives that were added to flavours to give a creamy/milky taste and those were not so good.
    my juice i make up only has PG-VG-Flavour and nic , thats it no artificial colours and sweeteners. the flavours are allwater based none oil so again very much more safer.

nice thing is i have cut down the nic level myself something you cannot do with smoking ciggys , will not be long before i am at zero nic and can quit totaly including vaping . i tried patches - gums - inhalers - sprays and just kept on smoking , but this robodickstick has done me well nearly two months ciggy free :)

19. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

I gave up 5years ago best thing I ever did

scubabiker likes this.
  20. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Rocking both atm.....but working on it.;).