the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    two foot panels rubbed down to get the shiney off, three coats of gloss black, sun dried an hour and already back on the scooter .

good news it is meant to be a lovely sunny day again tomorrow so the scoots parked in a southerly direction so it gets the full beans of the suns rays and help cure out those panels even more ....... just one major problem ....... now the other panels look real bad so im going to have to do them.

already bust a thumb nail trying to peel off 10yr old decals that have been clear coated on :( they just dont budge, break of in tiny crusty hard fragments

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Rubbed down the front headlight panel on scooter with 1500 grit wet n dry , made sure the clearcoat is nice and flat and the shine has gone ..... used the last of the 500ml gloss black and gave the panel two good coats ........ OMG it does look nice ....... OMG more work i have some orange peel , but i will throw the panel on when its cured in the sunlight for a good couple hours , the orange peel i can deal with at a later date .

Attacked the side fairings on the rear of the scoot with a craft blade, those sticker decals are sure on tight i am having to near on cut them off, going to be a couple days before i can pull those panels off and gloss them over and then the scoot wont have that really bad satin matt black rattle can spray , it will look half decent .

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Not long back from the Bugatti owners club at Prescott Hill near Cheltenham.
    They've had a hill climb event and bike fest on today.
    Lovely weather, decent prices on the food and drink, not ripping people off because they have a closed market there.
    Some really nice old bikes there. And some "specials" like these:

IMG_20170409_150702.jpg IMG_20170409_150618.jpg IMG_20170409_150608.jpg IMG_20170409_150542.jpg IMG_20170409_145737.jpg IMG_20170409_150234.jpg

Attached Files:

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Been on a very short ride to pick up Rouge one on release day ........ now settling down with a hot cuppa , a couple of mini piggy rolls and whats meant to be a good movie :)

other news , i craft knifed off the two side panel decals , gave them a good run down with isopropol alcohol to get rid of the sticky ready for a good wet n dry sanding before a glossy coat is added.

found some nice white decals but alas they for GSXR 600 belly pans and are bloomin huge for a scooter

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Bad day at work,looks like they'll be making a few people redundant as one of their contracts went insolvent?.
    Consensus is it's going to be amongst the drivers as a few are near retirement age & the yard staff have very specific skillsets -
    hope it works out for them....everyone's gotta make a living.

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    spent the afternoon wet sanding down the rear scooter panels to a flat as best as i could , they have chunks out of them, very deep gouges and are in a general bad way, but the stickers came off ok and i have sanded down the raised paint edges to a nice flat, left them on the scoot due to rain but hopeful weather may break and allow for them to be glossed up with rattle can black.

once thats done im all good , not bothered to clearcoat them didnt have the pennys spare so that will have to wait for another time. i can always give the panels a light wet n dry wet sand a quick fresh single coat of glossy black then hammer them with a good few fine coats of clear 1k , a light wet sand and a half decnet hand buff to bring them upto supershine.

found a honda dax and a honda chally frame mind you there are imports and have no frame numbers , but nothing else has come up close to home .

7. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    spent the morning/afternoon spray rear panels in gloss black and facepalming myself after noticing heavy orange peel , oh well win some loose some i will sort it out later on in the year maybe .

apart from that also scrubbing hands its always funny you get paint finger from rattle cans arggghhhhhhh so annoying. Oh and i remounted the CDI where it should be , not hanging and flopping round like a rabbits earhole in the side panel lol.

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

This is in the job they asked you to go back to is it?
    They would have known that the particular contract was going bad a while ago, there are always tell tale signs of things like that.
    I know, I've had to deal with stuff like that before.
    Keep your eyes and ears open, it might go deeper than they say it will.

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

NO FRAME NUMBERS = WALK AWAY QUICKLY
    You won't get a V5 without one.

10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Reading my thoughts are ya.;).:).

Stevep likes this.
  11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Hi ho,hi ho - it's off to work i go..........

(Reckon there's a special place in Hell for employers that break up a 4 day weekend.!).:).

12. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Been researching robosticks ........

its come to a point i need to give up those dirty cancer sticks, so i have been looking and researching those robocigirits, need to start being more healthy ,so that means getting this ol wonkey leg sorted and taking care of my chest no more smokers cough so need to quit the habit and i think a robostick could be the way, i tried patches and gun but still ended up huffing the old dirtysticks at the same time, but its time come i hit this nail on the head for good, i mean its gonna save me like £13 a week atleast. thats near on two full tanks in the scoot.

researched why i got orange peel in the syms side panel gloss coats, i thinking its dirty paint ( the can itself was tainted ) or i just didnt heat the can enough for spraying outside in the cold, either way its gonna be a rub down and recoat, hell i may just clear that sucker to.
    No mech buffer so im gonna have to buff polish by hand thats gonna be hard work for me these days.

13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Preparing for the cosmic hangover i'm gonna be having when i set off for work at 03:00 tom........ .

14. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    been to visit katie my dietitian, got some supliments to shove into my cups of tea to see if we can throw some meat on my old bones, if that dont work theres a few other things we can try out ..... wooohoooo no more just under 7st i hope to get a good bit of weight on and atleast get my energy back again meaning i am more in control of the scooter than just hanging on lol. bad thing more weight = slower scooter lol we gonna have to come to some sort agreement some weight and good speed lol. the lil ol symjet got its legs stretched on the 8 mile round trip its the longest run out since it had derv shoved into it, 35mph was fine but above that the whirling whooshing sound started like over rev but not going down a hill

the new robocock arrived today so another health change to turn back the clocks on the 31 years of smoking. Kids the only thing that should smoke is your twostroke exhaust not your lungs do not be a fool and make the huge mistake i did all those years back , your not cool your an idiot , so trust me on this one Smoking is bad Mkay !!!! twostrokes are good they should smoke, your lungs should NOT !!!.

15. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    had to repalce a rear stiff L-plate due to a retarded merc driver tailtapping me twice.

long story shortened, he tried to bully me while speeding , undertook me, messed up got in wrong lane then found that i had got past him and was in his way, stopped at some pedestrian lights so he tailtapped pedro, i moved forward and he did the same again , then he tried to bully me for a mile along the main road out of the town so i took place center road and stuck to just shy 15-20mph . came to roundabout he pulled beside me and all hell broke loose, i called him a clucking muppet, how dare he tailtap me twice, how dare he try to bully a learner rider and tailgate a learner causing distress and uncomfort. he called me a faggot, then a white van man behind joined in he followed me and the merc driver after he saw him tailtap me twice, then warned me he had bust my l-plate off my number plate.

worse part i was not cam'd up , if i see his car again im gonna run my toe slider right down the side of his shiney piece of turd merc .kind of karma for busting my l-plate off.

16. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    re-fitted new rear L-plate

nearly gave up smoking , walked the dog or more like it walked me lol. sent of some court papers, now crawling into bed to watch wheeler dealers doing up a chevy stepside pickup truck

17. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    All the bod's had their redundancy meets with the office peeps yesterday no'd grading system..been pretty much told by the manager who asked for me back i'm o.k.,fingers x'd.

Come back Ed........:).

18. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Broke another forklift.!......
    apparently they ain't too keen on speed bumps.:).

19. Hellfirehound

Hellfirehound Ivy's Owner

Rides:
    Baotian BT125T-2
    Woke to a phone call, heard my Ivy roar into life on the other end, smoked way to many fags, drank too many cuppas, went in to town to retreive my baby, swore a lot at her, rode her back, left other half to get the bus. (At time of writing, im only at the cuppas stage....but thats pretty much how my day is going to go unless she coughs and breaks down again)

20. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Very short ride to the alchemists cupboard to pick up a couple little bottle of strawberry ripe flavouring.
    been raining most of the day and its bloomin cold so not done much at all.

complaint by pedestrian that my scooter smelled " yes i know its twostroke and i like that smell " , so i thought i wonder if i could drop say 10ml of strawberry flavouring into my mixing oil, that way twostrokes would have that fruity smell lol. hey if bio diesel can smell of curry and chipshops why cant our scooters smelll of fresh squeezed fruits lol .....

Castrol strawberry pro race oil
    Penzoil kiwi and melon
    putoline orange and mango

LMAO

fuggly and Hellfirehound like this.