the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    just been to pets at home. NO im not getting a bunny rabbit or a hamster lol ......... i walked out with a fishtank gravel cleaner. idea is i use it to pump the derv from tank out and not water from a fishtank :) blooming bargain at £7 i got myself a little fish net and a tank scrubber pad lol.

method, pump out derv , fill tank with around 2 pints of unleaded, give it a corking good rock back and fourth to swill it round tank, then pump that crud out to. undo the drain screw on carb and drain out the derv in bowl. then kickstart scoot to refil bowl with anything left in the pipework/fuelpump drain that from carb bowl again.
    fill up with unleaded and kickstart to prime fuel pump -lines and float bowl, then drain float bowl and kick again to refil and drain again. that should flush any thing left in the carbs bowl.

then ignition on and boot pedro till it fires over , in hope there aint a exhaust full of derv and it goes BANG. ( my main worry i been trying to start scooter with derv and its gotta go somewhere ie into the exhaust expansion chamber ? )

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be the first time I've had fuel firing in the exhaust:eek:
    Kick it with the plug removed to clear the barrel as well, it'll spin quicker.

3. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    thanks stevep , just dont need armed police kicking the door down thinking im some bomb maker lol after i ignite a full exhaust of derv lol KAAAAABOOOM .
    i was thinking of dropping the exhaust off and just giving a tip to make sure there aint now built up in it.

just hope its 100% derv in there and not some other problem. new coil and e-choke should be here tomorrow - wedensday so thats a bonus a fresh coil and new choke cant be a bad thing.

4. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    In the Uk until Friday.

Nothing to do today apart from surf the tinterweb and be an asshole.

Got a few business meetings to attend tomorrow and Thursday, apparently, nobody has heard of fucking skype.

Hope everybody is OK.

5. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    well spent the best part of this morning draining Derv from pedro ....... yeah i know you can all giggle like girls ....
    you know when you buy a mcdonalds drink and you get to the bottom with the straw and its a slurp slurp slurp sound well thats what my syphon has come to, theres a smidgin of derv still in the tank, not enough for the pump to pull it out and not enough for the vac lines to suck it out via fuel pump .

I just hope when i gove a gallon of fresh super unleaded in this scooter its gonna want to fire up, i drained carb again , drained vac fuel pump as much as i can, but the fuel lines i cannot get to without taking off the whole rear - seat and side paneling , oh and thats not all also the whole floor pan talk about sym loving to make things hard,

Having a well earned cuppa before i take the long limp of shame down to the fuel station, buy a jerry can and then fill it with super unleaded. im thinking the more ron the more chance its gonna take when kicked over

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    20 kicks on the kickstart and i create what con only be described as the largest smog cloud ever in the uk LOL HAHAHAHHA

PEDRO LIVES !!!!! ok he is a bit slack does not like the throttle bashed open but he does run and now produces that sweet slightly derv smelling 2t smoke . im gonna have to run this £7.86p worth of fuel through him and refill a couple times to fully clear out that light oil crap derv.

good note the cuppa went down lovely and i now have the urge to throw some PIGGY ROLLS into the oven as a gift to the forums awesome tips ( mr steveP ) yep its a shame that forum user is so far away but never mind it means his piggy rolls are all MINE muahahahhaa .

e-choke and ignition coil should be here tomorrow so i can get them fitted , gotta run out to docs and get only prescript left , really need to get that airfilter out and washed to got a funny feeling i had some back pressure and its coated the airfilter with derv to. so thats another job.
    should be going out on a bikers ride sunday but i dont trust pedro just yet gonna take a good while to flush the system of all the crap fuel i stuck in. i also should do a MV on what to do when you do fill with derv and save you a £150 qute by some fueldoctor to do it for you.

Stevep likes this.
  7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    New member beginning with C....is toast.;).

Stevep likes this.
  8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

You are a superstar sir:cool:

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

MY SUPERTENERE LIVES AGAIN AS WELL:)
    Changed every single pin in every single block connector, so no more bad connections anywhere.
    Re-configured loads of wires, made and fitted a separate earth block, fitted a new fuse board which it never had when it was new (only had 2 fuses for the whole system), found a multitude of sins from years ago attempts, independantly fused the main circuits (ignition, lights, indicators, heated grips), still got room in the fuse board for the usb socket and separate driving lights, or 2 pairs maybe, with one set linked in to the high beam circuit.

Tamiyacowboy likes this.
  10. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    Had a "business meeting" this morning in Birmingham. Got bored of the BS very quickly and wasn't impressed at all by the way one of the guys was talking so walked out.

Got a phone call from an old friend, "I'll give you two scooter engines if you can move a car for me" so I nicked my brother's van and got the car shifted its only two bloody runner 180 engines :D

Had another phone call from the missus, she wanted to go out for a lovely afternoon ride on my Triumph "it won't start" so I told her Ill fix it when I get back.... I disconnected the battery before I left just so she couldn't ride it and Ive accidentally forgotten to leave the keys for the car too :rolleyes::D

Went for some food with my brother and stepdad, Came out to find some little barstard had smashed a tail light on the rolling turd Passat. So I taped it up with some electrical tape to make it semi-legal. I'll just nip to the breakers yard in the morning for another.

Now I'm sitting around watching shitty english evening TV, enjoying the internet that actually fecking works.

11. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Was going to pick up a couple NGK BR8HSA plugs for the sym jet, BUT i dont turst it fully yet so went for a quick blat around the village , dropped of the tainted petrol diesel to a friend, he is going to use it to start his fires in his incenerators.

waited at the door for the postman like a rabid Landshark ( thats dog in english terms ) , when he knocked on the door it was but seconds before i flung it open and snaffled the package from his hand ............. No its not a stash of moped blue movies ie suzie does sheffiled - honda does holand , nope its the ignition coil and e-choke ordered fro euroscoot parts :)

scootzmadness likes this.
  12. sean178

sean178 Active Member

my manager is moving out of our department leaving it to me, ive got a few weeks to prove myself and the department could be mine. ive been given an apprentice so ive been breaking him in today

13. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    How many cups of tea has he had to make?
    Sent him for many long waits?
    Tartan Paint?
    Glass hammer?
    Asked him to go and count how many rulers you can fit in two car park spaces?
    Done the good old fake angry customer on the phone call?
    or my personal favourite.... sat on the roof with a bucket of water at lunch and wait for them to come out.... then ask them if theyre a bit wet.
    Apprentices are good fun. If they stay after all the abuse, theyll probably be the ones you want to keep for a long time.

sean178 likes this.
  14. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    £8 down but i have two brand new BR8HSA plugs , gone from having a full tank to nearly a full tank, mind you if i haul the brakes on i have 1/4 tank lol.

riding ol pedro in traffic when its just not on the ball is a pain, you bang the throttle and it starts to pull then waits then pulls lol. or you roll onto throttle hit the magic 30mph, you feel the pipe kick in and then it decides not to then it hits full on no warning , still stinks of diesel to lol its a smelly pedro mind you i rather smell pedros fumes than the ones in the lanes round the village, lovely warm day and they spread the good old farmyard manure on the fields. its enough to even make my dead cat mic cover come alive and try break free from the dual sport lid.

fact is the smell is so bad even i had a urph urph moment but held it in and did not soil the inside of lid with last nights dinner lol. why do they spread the fields on warm hot days is beyond me lol

15. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Ominous warnings at work today..:(,
    some poor smuck fell into a bailing machine at another site - tore the bugger clean in half.
    Had a ride alongside....ish,with Speedfight.. 3.for about 2+ miles.......least i know my b****y brakes work PRETTY DAMN GOOD.;),
    20 yard controlled
    slide heading up the sliproad going into Blackwall tunnel ,when some .... +.. pulled out on me - was'nt brakes either.downshifted and locked back wheel...oops.:).
    What is it about Fridays,seen a few 'drivers' that plainly should NEVER have been given a licence/frankly....

16. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Every bugger knocks off early on a friday down there, I was on the M25 just turned midday, hate being on it at that time of day, full of monster raving loonies.:)

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  17. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Yup.......
    I neeèeeeed a 2 stroke.:)..

18. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    End of my 1st week ala reprieve back at work...,tired.but seriously sorting shi/stuff out.:),
    Day off tomorrow,in between a cosmically planned afternoon siesta (bliss) - fitting another back wheel onto the SR with some decent tread.
    ...........resurrected the Direct Debit for aforementioned' s & insurance that i accidentally cancelled to.;).

19. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Short ride out to Halfrauds

came back £18 quid lighter in the bank with four reams of 1500 grit wet n dry paper, and two 500ml cans of ....... GLOSS BLACK ..... yeah i looked at the ford st orange and its a puke colour nothing like what is shown on these nice sparkling ford ST's on the web so they must have been colour tweeked a huge amount, theres no way in hell i could get the tone down even using a black undercoat / primer.

i decided to just shove a glossy black , its shiney and will polish up good, but black is going to show all the imperfections the bodywork has. i just cannt be arsed to body fill - sand and flaten the surfaces my love of pedro has become one of love and pure hate so its just getting a blow coat thats it.

hopeful to rub down the shiney , spray the two foot panels and have them sun dry flashed / touch dry by tomorrow evening ready to bolt back on.

20. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    1 insurance policy cancelled,1 verified,partly sanded Leads frame,ate junk food.