the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Watchout for the broom cupboard!;)

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    If i did'nt have grey hair before.......;).

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    just had the medical review back, they stopped my claim stating i could be mobile over 200m if i used the wheelchair at home and if at work i could leave wheelchair at work , funny thing is what wheelchair i dont have one , never been offered one and how would i get to work if i had to leave my wheelchair there. let alone get around a house thats not modified for wheelchair user .... the medical assement was undertaken with an imaginary wheelchair but they did not take into account the added strain my heart would be under when trying to self propel around 60-70kg

worse part upto a 13 month wait without benefits to take them to tribunal courts . sign on jsa but how can we people do that if we are unfit for work in the first place. so yeah lifes just been turned upside down and shot out a a great huge gov cannon. health wise i found out the last three blood tests marked off as normal by my old doctor are infact a lot higher than wanted in hemoglobin and red blood cells had to have another to see if they are the same, then its a battery of tests as its indictive of chronic heart failure / cancer and a few other medical ailments.

Pedro : i stripped out the spark plug and shoved my pinky into the plug hole gave it a couple pushes on kickstart, there is 100% a lack of compression, piston gets to tdc with a little presure on finger but that should be pushing finger out, on removal my finger was coated in a very thick black oily sludge , smelling of petrol and what i can expain as burnt'ish oil smell, spark plug is also coated in this blackish sludge and is burned on ( ie the plug is super black and stinks of petrol and this burnt oil smell ) another thing is when pedro is kicked over with plug in the plug is wetting up so i have a feeling the bottom end is not as bad as the shop made out over the phone. maybe a new cylinder and piston and the heat will burn up that sludge .

im going to try and crack the top end of myself in the scoot frame just so i can get an idea of what the hell went wrong, cheapest bore kit i found is the naraku 50cc kit for the sym , oem kit is stupidly expensive. only other idea was wait till after 27th this month then call up and claim repair on insurance , pay the 250 excess and loose the no claims atleast the pedro would be fixed but would it come back restricted thats the problem .

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Just finished watching the news......

Johny's truly got up and shot off.

RIP Chuck Berry.

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Got my peepers on a cheap running Lead atm,that's if some scroat does'nt minutely bid on it in the next 7 dys.

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Searched internet for heated computer mouse / keyboard ( they make heated grips for scoots why not keyboards/mice )
    drooled over the chinese cubs some more - drooled over almost all scoots on ebay and gumtree - sighed at the £56 DWP payment sent to me.
    looked at wheelchairs ( im NOT getting into a wheelchair ever rather cut my leg off ) .

looked at pedro on the front yard , sighed - swore at it - got depressed and left it where its locked up. packed away the motovlog cam , packed away the dual sport lid, threw the gloves into washing machine ready for storage. gave the spada sp1 boots a wipe over and decked them with boot polish ready for a quick buff and to be put into storage to. Locked all my documents up safe and out the way of prying eyes and light fingers, set reminders on calendar for cbt renewal ( hopeful doc wont get my licence revoked when i tell him the whole truth about the chest pains ) - removed mot reminder and tax reminders from calendar . just have to move pedro into the back yard somehow and sorn it .

sent two job applications off but left the medical parts blank ( if i put down medication im on and the heart disease its a strike against me getting a interview let alone a job ) . yep i have had to resort to lying about my condition just to keep me fed and with medication.

Edit :

just spent my last pennys on a compression tester 14mm - 18mm threads so hopeful it fits the sym jet , trying to find the compression rate for the little pedro so i can tell if its the rings . its saying 7 kgf cm2 so thats around 6.8 bar or roughly 99 psi ?. i expected it to be alot higher ie around the 120 mark

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Got my old job back,nice feelings atm & some minor confusion as this is a 1st'y cause someone's wanting me back.:):):).

Stevep likes this.
  8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Over 90psi should be fine, anything below and it would be difficult to start.
    Preferably, over 100 psi is what you want.
    Most new cylinders when fitted give out around 125-130 psi.

The easy calculation for converting bar pressure to psi is to multiply the bar reading by 14.7 (atmospheric pressure at sea level)
    So in your case 6.8 bar X 14.7 = 99.96 psi

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Shame you can't apply that logic to the ladies......................:D:D:D

BunnyMum likes this.
  10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    thank you stevep

should have the tester tomorrow /saturday , so im aiming at 99-100 psi . also going to do both a dry and wet test , should see a slight raise in psi with a wet cylinder. its kind of weird as there seems to be pressure but no pressure if you get what i mean .

trying to find some scrap HT lead so i can make a spark tester really dont wanna throw out like £8 on a tester when they simple to make. im seeing some spark from plug but the ol eyes aint to good and sunshine dont help either lol. plus my little brother wont fall for the just hold your finger in here tell me if you feel any air when i kickstart scooter ( i caught him with that one already lol ).

BunnyMum likes this.
  11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Plenty to go round.:):):).

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Haribo time.................:oops:

13. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    run off two compression tests, swore at pedro numerous times. kickstarted it like 300 times and swore some more.
    cut my right hand to bits trying to extract a stupid sparkplug, cut it again a lotta times trying to install spark plug sealing boot then gave up with a you god dam * censored word * Censored word * Censored word * Piece of rubbish junk.

made a cuppa tea drank it, made another swore at pedro again then came indoors before i put my size 6 boot through one of the scooters pannels .

eventful day i guess not lol

14. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    On the piss atm,just had a 21" pizza delivered,+ tomorrow/recovery Sunday - steam back into work Monday.. . .....

15. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Spent more money that i really wanted to. im trying to get pedro back on the road again gone through everything i can think off, so stumped up for a new ignition coil and also a E-choke just to be on safe side, that covers a weak spark and/or a choke problem.

done a couple haulage jobs with ATS and ETS , nevada to Cali hauling car parts - Verona to Oslo hauling glass pannels

16. BunnyMum

BunnyMum BunnyMum (aka Northcust)

Rides:
    YZF-R125 (180cc)
    8am speed-plumbing challenge when new washing machine arrived, but the feeder taps wouldn't shut off and one needed removing - managed to find and fit a replacement tap from in-house "stock" whilst still almost completely asleep \o/

Now returning to bed until "mega Race" - Gas monkey Garage/Fast.n.Loud vs Street Outlaws... is anyone else awaiting that as eagerly? #TeamBigChief

17. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    poked my finger into fuel tank on pedro ........... decanted a very tiny amount out ....... tried to set fire to it !!!!!

Yep i only went and filled up with DERV, cant get this so called petrol to ignite with a match and it smells of petrol but not petrol.
    fueldoctor charges £150 + at the pump price for replacement of fuel so thats like £156 quid to drain a scooter and put new fuel in.

really dont know how i could make a very newbie stupid mistake, i always look at pump and make sure it premium pump im lifting.

18. BunnyMum

BunnyMum BunnyMum (aka Northcust)

Rides:
    YZF-R125 (180cc)
    lol well at least you don't have to tear down the engine. so that's what the firing issue was? (or is this as well as?)

Attached Files:

19. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yeah gotta be, derv just wont ignite without a hot plug ie heater plug. mind you im not sure about a motor tear down, i have kicked the hell outta pedro to try get it started so god knows how much derv has been injested into the crank case and ejected into the exhaust .

20. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Drain the tank (obviously) and lines and carb, change the plug (chuck it), clean the carb/lines with brake cleaner, fresh fuel, it'll go again maybe, will smoke like a bitch for a little while until it's burn all the derv out, but what 2 smoker doesn't..................