the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    topped up pedro with mixing oil again.
    been to the bank and paid bills.
    went to the docs , got a not so clean bill of health, borderline excessive low blood pressure, been booked in to the vampires next week lol.

decided to go greenlaning after leaving doctors, Yeah not a great idea, more like a really stupid idea, half mile down the track pedro decides to try and die out on me, clutch slip syndrome , total loss of power and barely any pick up, fettled my way along the miles worth of bumps ...... got to the smooth tarmac and pedro acts like nothing happened >>>>>>> SYM JETS DONT LIKE OFF ROADING !!!!!! its scientific fact :)

good part, you cannot hear my intercom music when im chatting / not chatting to the camera, but you can hear my poor trying to sing along to tunes lol .

2. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Well its a sad day

RIP old buddy , registered 2006 , died a white magic fairy smoke on 13/03/2017

Pedro has fallen ill, after a 25mph hill climb he emitted a huge trail of pure white magic smoke and for us tuners that means one thing , he's blown the top end out good and propper, so as from now ol Tami is off the road while pedro gets a refit. i cant let the ol boy just die like this so i am treating him to the best i can offer details now coming.

first off his bodywork needs sorting so that black rattle can spray job its getting erased and replaced with a ford candy orange over a sparkle silver and a 2k clear.

next he is being refitted with a 70cc sport kit ( and yep i may just add some tweeks ) its going to be a malossi MHR kit.

we may even decamp the front lamp and replace it with an old school single RD 125 lc light unit , and maybe but its just a though but a full wave conversion so the charging side of things is top dollar .

No fancy led strips - no fancy led underglows - this is just going to be a bikers meet show paint job with a little extra horses shoved to the rear rubber boot, we keeping the trek pipe , but the inner panels are going arctic white and 2k cleared with a ST orange seat covering ( when i get round to it )

UPDATE :

Pedro is fully dead, upwards 400-500 quid in labour alone , top end has blown out and theres no rings , been injested into crank so thats a whole new crank - top end and case split, bike shop has said " its just best to scrap it the cost to repair is huge it would be classed a right off on fully comp insurance as cost inc labour is more than bikes worth market value "

I am heart broken , there just no way i can get another bike the money i put into pedro is a £1000 hole in my pocket with not even a £100 return in scrap value , not sure what i am going to do either i am between a rock and a hard place at the current moment in time, take a huge knock to being a scooter owner to and pushing pedro home last night cause more problems health wise. i will hopefuly return to scooting but its not going to be on any foreign crap for sure.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  3. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Sorry to hear about pedro :( Unfortunately sometimes we have to know when to walk away even when we have put way too much into our rides :( focus on your health first and then start thinking about scooters

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    its hard. scooters were my outlet, get stressed i jump on and go for a ride , if i needed anything i could just jump on and fetch it without burdening others. cant stop thinking about them, have already trawled facebook - gumtree etc etc looking for something cheap but a named brand ie yam-suzie-honda-kwaka .

someone posted a link to a 50cc fourstroke lemoto FM50 the price £595 second hand , i choked on my tea reading the add. its fourstroke its 50cc and its 28mph whatever i do , may as well jump infront of a lorry now lol saves me getting run over at 28mph tucked on a thumper. been offered a small loan but again im between a rock and wall at mo with this medical stuff money wise. dont need to have a loan then find i am unable to pay back :( and cause arguments and rifts in family. problem is just to derestrict a 50 thumper is gonna shove atleast £200+ ontop of the cost.

going to trawl the bike shops online see what i can find brand new warenty wise, if it clucks up ill just hand it back and say " refund me now its a bag of poop " holding out i may find a cheap cub or likes but thats very unlikely really need something like a 115cc the minimum cc needed for A1-A2 , im not going geared i will just go auto only on licence, worse part i just renewed insurance thats a £104 quid gone and if i cancel its £75 back and a £25 cancel fee :(

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

OK, I might be able to help you here TC. What about..........send me the engine as it is now, shot to pieces, you buy and pay for the parts as and when, or i can and you can pay me. You only pay for parts and postage.
    But I get to paint the engine in any colour I choose.

6. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Ive left the bike with my brother :confused:
    handed in my notice and now im packing up the house :eek:
    Picking up a cheap box trailer in the morning once ive got a plate made
    Got three weeks to sell off what I can and send whatever we dont need to the tip and pack what we do need into a small box trailer o_O

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Have I missed something again?

8. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Not really just havent been very happy living here for a while so we decided that while we were visiting my brother we would give it some thought moving over there We are going to give it a try and if we dont like it come back

There is alot more work over there with higher pay and the general lifestyle seems alot more relaxed
    Education and healthcare are better than here and we have a fallback plan

Its all kind of last minute but needed change in my life

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Cool. Go for it. Hope it all works out for you. Wish I'd have done it while I was in the states back in the 90's. Could've been living in California now. It was only because mom was took ill that I came back.

10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    grab that bull by the horns and tame it buddy , you got my nod of approval , keep us updated to buddy

11. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Thank you very much steveP

but i am take everyones advice, when i first said about pedro and the money i sank into it you all thought i was crazy and yes your all right. i think its time pedro went to the scrapdealers in the sky, he had a hard life with 6 previous novice idiots caring for it and left it in a very bad way , i tryed my best to breath life into a dying horse and sometimes you have to stand back and say " enough is enough we cannot do anymore "

I am looking for a new scooter / bike and i do have some ideas where i want to go.

Chinese cub ( scubabiker has proven them to be like tanks ) maybe a 50cc to start with and i can always drop a propper honda lump in later on atleast its going to have 3yrs no mot and a full warenty from new.

Yamaha aerox / neos , both nice little scoots but come at a premium.
    RXS100 its geared so means im going backwards and going to have to build up my leg to cope with the gears and my grip to counter clutch palm aches.

Money wise being off the road is cheaper, i am not spending on oil/petrol and just heat of the moment buying, i have about 300 already and with next pay that comes to 500 if i wait a couple months i should be able to muster up about 600 at most and thats a start point , i should be able to find something for that price but i need to look at the owner not the bike ie middle aged riders and not young hoonigan sellers. more chance theres less wrong and its not been slogged to death and back.

But again thank you very much steveP , you desreve two pom poms and ones gonna be pink lol as i envisage a bright pink engine coming back if i did send it lol , again thank you but you put your time into the old vintage beast build buddy and i can drool ove rthe finished product when done :) ( i already got my screen wipes to hand lol )

12. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Its never too late to do it

13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Thought i was selling the Sr & alongside a few sheckels.getting another scooter.:). -
    till i remembered i've got 2.1/2 100's + oodles of spares stored in the backyard ;).

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

No probs;)

15. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

It is now. I've got 2 elderly parents to deal with now and then, plus at 51 they don't want old gits like me who'll be a drain on the system in a few years.
    Plus Trumps is the president, and I really don't trust that bloke......................

16. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    weve got that theresa may in charge were just as screwed lol

got loads done today
    picked up the transit and shot over to get a plate made up for the trailer went straight over to get the trailer felt weird driving the transit after it having all of the work its had done but now ive got no reverse at all and its tough to get it into 2nd so that needs to be sorted asap :oops:
    Sold the big TV the very last of my RC cars and my mountain bike :(
    packed up a ton of household stuff we dont need and put it in the KA going to drop it over to a charity that helps victims of domestic abuse out tomorrow
    got over 500 DVDs to get rid of as well as a load of other crap :oops: didnt realise how much we actually have :oops:

going to put the KA on the back of the transit along with the trailer and see how much weight i have to play with/dont have to play with tomorrow afternoon I know the transit is 1825 empty so i wont have much weight left legally once the KA and trailer is attached :confused:

need to get the house painted too so it can be rented out when i leave

17. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    been trawling the free adds looking for a pedro replacement, found a Peugeot Jetforce ( around 2004 as its the injection model ) 70cc kitted but he is wanting £650 , to be honest im looking at more around the £400 mark ( 70cc kit + young lad = trouble , plus i gotta re-register it as a 70cc to be fuly above board )

thats it all i can find, i did stumble onto a GY125 trail bike ( honda xl knock off) but the £485 tpff insurance quote just pushed me away from that idea, found a 125cc on road pitbike but quote companys dont list it :( good thing was the £395 price i was looking more at £330 -£350 max.

anything above 50cc the insurance rockets to sky high stupid quotes i mean fully comp on that xl knock off £800 the cheapest , enter a 50cc and its rock bottom quotes :confused:

18. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Was clocking a Jetforce 'round about the time i had my Vivacity :)- don't touch the Jetforce,heard it can be a nightmare waiting to happen.;).

19. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    Started stripping the paint from the lamp post we've had in our garden since way back when, when my granddad asked the council at the time if he could have it, when they were being replaced on our road. It's around 19th century, and on stripping the paint off, we've unearthed the black out stripes that were painted on it during WW2!

Attached Files:

Stevep likes this.
  20. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Got some shorterm work packing bras & forklifting in a warehouse in North London -
    12 hr. shifts surrounded by politically incorrect middle age women...........