the what have you done today thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scootzmadness, Jun 9, 2014.

1. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Got a few things done so far today
    took the bike to the mechanic to have a once over good job because theyve found a few small things Theyre going to put a new plug in and run it a little to make sure its running right for me
    Picked up the runaround on the way back little ford KA van for £150 with 6 months MOT cost me a huge £150 to add to my policy :D I wont mention how much the bike has cost to insure :oops:
    Went over to the SYM for a viewing another timewaster who didnt even bother showing up
    back home and were about to go and pick the transit up to take it to the sprayers ready for it to have the cab wings bonnet etc painted then its back to my mates where itll have a new towbar fitted when thats finished end of next week

Also just got confirmation that I start my HGV training in a week :eek:

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Found a project its cheap @ £400 but it needs a rebuild and new top end a big wheel CR80 2001.
    its something i would love to get on the road as legal . also found a italjet formula 50cc , but it sounds like it also needs a new top end rebuild, problem is when its topped up with water it splutters and dies , so that looks like a full tear down and all new bearings / seals and gaskets.
    Found a lifan power cub but owner wants seven and a half hundred for it fitted with a crappy pitbike pipe so thats been blown out of the water right away.

been having problems with constant fogging of visor on the dual sport lid so i think i will take a short ride to the bike store and grab me a face mask see if that helps, also got the caberg chin curtain mounted into the spada lid to a little bit of 3M tape , that should cut down wind noise in the mic if not i need to find some fur to make a dead cat mic cover.

3. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Ive got a cheap project going ;) could get pedro a bigger brother ;)

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

What year was the cub, a new pipe is only like 60quid 750 for a tested cub is not bad

5. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    no details about year, but it was a square lamp so atleast a 1990 upward. im just not a fan of lifan clutch cubs , would rather have the semi auto for ease and have a rear brake handle bar conversion

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Motosyko do a 140 semi auto now...

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    im still looking dark lord you have shown me the ways to the dark side lol

Well took a trip upto infinity motorcycles in norwich (video in the videos section) grabbed a Oxford face mask in hope it will solve some fogging issues if not i will have to order in a pinlock for the Spada intrepid at a expensive £27.99 and a weeks wait.
    while up at the bike store i took a quick window shop at the Lind BMW ..... omg those 1200cc adventure bikes are so so nice But blooming HUGE ... then the harley davison store i mean you just can not go look in the window at those awesome bikes - t-shirts and jackets :)

need to take a ride out to wroxham or maybe the coast soon norwich just aint as pretty as the coast or countryside

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The r9t is a nice machine, the gs is pretty much a parody bike these days its got so big and full of jingles... I was drooling over the new triumph bobber last week, seen that?
    Just made vegan merangue hope it turns out good...

10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    one furry pom pom key ring and one set of ladies fur glove covers from the range store been grabbed. took me a while to work out how to use a needle and thread without sewing my fingers/hand to the fur but i finally made a deadcat wind muff for the lapel mic.

took a ride out today with the face mask and .......... it does not work , well it kind of does the visor stays clear but thats no good when every breath you take in and out your glasses fog up , if this continues i am going to have to stump up the £27 for a pinlock system and a weeks wait for it to get shipped to the bike store.

i also stumbled onto a nice looking bike to a Motrac Urban M3 , its a chinese direct copy of the honda grom , jusy a few problems come with it, the stator is not powerful enough to run standard bulbs so you have to install led bulbs to overcome the weak stator output, they are also slower than the grom even being a 1 down 3 up gearbox , good thing is it looks like you could drop a honda cub motor right in.
    other good points its at the very least 1/2 -2/3rd the cost of a new grom , and its non EFI thats right this is a carbed version.
    Bad points , poor stator output , grom parts DO NOT FIT , and its dead slow , straight line drag race the grom will win hands down every time.
    other bad point your going to want to swap out the stock carb right away its a stock 70cc 4t pitbike carb and just does not deliver the fuel needed for a 125 so your going to be upgrading to at the least a 20mm -22mm carb.

11. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

You had me at furry pom pom and ladies fur gloves:rolleyes::D

12. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    lol if we ever meet up your getting a furry pom pom sir :)

the fur glove mitt well i got robbed when i sat down to decamp the bike boots a little scamp named Oscar ( aka mr fluffy pants ) decided a fur mitt was his so i only have 1 fur mitt and a dead pom pom

Stevep likes this.
  13. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Sold the SYM early this morning an hour later the guy text me "it was the sidestand switch" im honestly just glad to have it out of the way
    Did a quick run for work over to Small Heath and didnt get stabbed so thats a good thing I guess :rolleyes:
    went to halfords and got a new kid seat watched them struggle for half an hour to fit it :confused: took it over to another place and paid £10 for them to do it properly o_O
    Picked up my brothers new bike and got it properly strapped down in the van went and got the cagiva and chucked that in too
    were heading for the ferry at 4am in the morning :eek: Going to be visiting the asshole in amsterdam for the next 4 days before coming back :(

I can finally pick up MY van on Monday morning :D

14. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    visiting , you know he is going to see what that two smoker of yours is able to do if he gets a chance lol :) , oh and the roxy its shizzle hell fast ;)

15. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    I know lol his fiance has been saying that she wants to race me lol I've heard about the rox being admired too
    He can't ride the cagiva though he's not insured on it :D:p

16. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    filled up with gas, grabed suicide squad - doctor strange - deep water horizon and jack reacher.

watched suicide squad and doctor strange last night, watched jack reacher this morning and now popping on deep water horizon to finish the day.

17. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Suicide squad was a great laugh, Jack Reacher is good
    Not seen the others yet

18. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    deepwater horizon is the shizzle buddy well worth watching , doctor strange is not bad either but i do like my marvel movies lol

19. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Sr handles like a pissed walrus/juggling coconuts.!.,no wonder i've never bought a Custom.;),sweet enough motor/bar leccy start only.:(,debating about moving it on as reckon i should have gotten another scooter (or Cg),does give the impression that it would putter along for some time though despite 38thou.

20. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Been playing with the supertenere, found some suspicious lookng lumps behind the front panelo_O
    Now you all know I'm not going to leave them like THAT!

IMG_20170310_175636.jpg

Ignition barrel crimped in direct to the loom instead of on a block connector, a live wire taken off the igniter box, an earth taken off the indicator earth for the barrel, a crimp ring connector for another earth, a twisted soldered effort of something for something else, and you know that if it's left like it is, it's going to let me down at exactly the wrong moment, my luck it'll be thumping down the M6 at the time.
    Happy days tomorrow................