the ultimate scoot

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by tomo9992, Mar 27, 2007.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    hate to spoil the fun.. properly derestricted scooter vs an rs50 the rs would get pissed on (remember jetting/roller change is needed to get the most poke out of a de rizzed bike) and as befor stated the rs is double the weight so the 1-2bhp more it has over a scooter isnt enuff... auto will always beat geard with the same power on accel... just top end is shit.

your bike might well do a true 60 (after you buy a pipe/gearset/derestrict) but by the time its there any decent scooter is half way down the road.

true the rs may creep ahead on a long road but racing is off the line to the next lights where i live so thas kinda how i guage things.

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    sorry to say minor but my derbi 50, which was stock, but de-restricted would accelerate just as well as any stock de-rezzed scooter then from 50 it would fuck off.

used to eat speedshites

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    this guy dont count chris

[​IMG]

4. Major Rel14b1lty

Major Rel14b1lty New Member

5. billy-boy

billy-boy New Member

soz for late reply

yea, like wobbly sed, if u just rev the tits of a geared bike and slip the clutch it shud stay level with a moped then wen the ped tops out at 45-50 the rs will just pull away upto 60

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i get what your saying, slip the clutch at 11k in every gear... hardly regular driving and it harms your bike.. put stiffer clutch springs and lighter rollers in a scoot and it will rev like that too and be constant.. point is there BARELY faster when you hurt the engines.. barely being the word.

wet sponge and never been passed by one.. my ts50x was about as depressing as 50 geard bikes can possibly get. imadgen an rs that revs to 6k....

7. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i had one of those. it was crap.

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    point being rider skill plays a big part with a geard bike as you CAN mimic cvt transmission (when you slip the clutch your doing what an auto box does basicly) ride it as you should (not ragging it) and you wont beat many scoots of the same spec

9. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    no i agree with minor, you have to ride the nuts off it to keep up on acceleration

clutches were a common thing on my derbi.

10. billy-boy

billy-boy New Member

yea, i see wer ur coming from now, probably y people say rs50s arent reliable because they have to rag them to get a good start etc..., im going to buy a barnett clutch anyway so hopefully it will last longer :p

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    best thing ive found is to have the old plate re coverd in kevlar.. will work once and that lasts a good while depending on the compound...

12. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    or sell it and buy an auto like i did.

13. billy-boy

billy-boy New Member

would i be able to do this with the new clutch plates aswell? or do they have to be worn in and oiled first??

14. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    have to be fucked ones... well not fucked but bald.

best bet is what youve done with an aftermarket clutch
    id just rag it less...