The Scooter Shack Sprinter

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by tErr0, Oct 17, 2009.

1. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Right got the scooter shack sprinter a fucking long time ago and kinda bodged it together to see if it would be a good idea. Ended up like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whole thing was held together with 1 screw and a couple of bolts

Then we left it to rot for a couple of years. Frame sat in my garden for a good year. Then we finally thought we would do something.

This is what we got up to today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:grin: :grin: :grin: Still need a fuck load of bits till it's running but some major parts are done. Frames modded, forks are the ones that are staying on it, got the cases just need bits to build it up, got a air cooled 172 that's going on it.

See the post about what bits we need and i'll add to this when I can be fucked. Plenty of questions please bitches.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A list of what we need...

Speedo drive Y reg-ish zip
    New bottom fork bearing and cup etc for an old arse front drum zip
    Need a bar clamp. Anything will do for now as it's just mock up
    New front pads for a newish zip
    Old arse zip seat. Not totally sure as we might just make something.
    Engine spindle for a 50cc
    Need the springs etc for a big drum rear brake system. Got the shoes but need the other bits and bobs.
    Need to sort out some bars as well but we have an idea for that.
    Need to build a shock but again we have an idea for that.

As for the engine...
    Need my crank back off tweak.
    Bearings and seals
    Gasget set
    machine the head
    gearup for a new style engine
    Belt
    Big arse carb of some sort + inlet and an inlet spacer of some sort
    front pully
    new shape clutch complete
    variator shims etc
    125 lc stator and flywheel
    Runner waterbottle
    manual fuel tap
    plus probably some hoses and cables.

Theeeen anything else we can think of or end up needing when we mock it up.
    Plus cosmetics come after it's all sorted and we know it works.

Rough list but I'll slap it up in wanted as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a few more pics of today but nothing really worth putting up. Actually modded another frame and cut it down even move. Have changed from an old arse zip frame to a newer one due to running disk forks. It's lighter as well.

Started work on the barrel and cases as well today. Lots of grindy grindy. Need a load of parts before any proper work can happen on it though. Including some proper engine bits.

I'll throw up a full list tomorrow.

To add heres a pic of the cut down new style zip frame... Still going to be running the old style panels though. :D

[​IMG]

No pics of the cases and barrel until they are looking worth putting up but you will deffo see pics of them. I'll try and get some pics of the roller bike with a random mock up engine in it. Looks fucking mean.

Oh and getting the bits has been a bit slower than I hoped as I've got the flu. Hope to be running out to get bits as soon as it fucks off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

:grin: There's a few more bits I was too lazy to take pics of too.

2. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    if Minors ridin it, ya wanna make it so his knees fit on the footboards and his legs trail along side like in the fastest indian film :thumbsup:

tall in he LOL :p

need an hair cut yoof :grin:

3. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    hiring a midget to ride it

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i had a haircut last week you cheeky bastard!! LOL
    will probably be me riding it altho some rearset footpegs will be on the cards.. would get jj to ride it but the lil bastard only returns my phonecalls with indian esque windupings

but ye comments/feedback/parts more than welcome... or even if anyone recons they can pilot this down the drag strip feel free to sign up LOL

5. CrazyJames

CrazyJames Member

Rides:
    Ratty Runner 172
    Looks very promising Guy, will look forward 2 seeing the progress and end product.

Wud b great 2 see how many ppl wud b intrested in riding it aswell

Ill ave parts spare wen i recieve my parts sumtime this week, Crank, Bearings and Standerd Cutch but as minor will have my engine, those parts r urs once been replaced

6. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300

one midget, ready for duty sir!, and as for u minor dont make me set my bird on u ! u way triple me so as i mayonly be half the man u are ill still be faster (in theory)

7. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Throw it in the garbage and sell me the engine for £100 :grin:
    Just kidding, looking promising as always.

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i have a few engines nocking about tbh..... you after one then?

but ye, we need bits..badly... going home tomorrow

9. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

got a seat for the old shape zip? even if you use it just for a base instead of making one? can have it but i dont have any money for postage...

10. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    got a petrol and 2 stroke tank you can have if you want them. Prob may be that i'm just outside Notts

11. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Oooo that is a little beast. What is gonna happen with the panels etc? With cutting the top of the frame down I can't see the panels lining up etc so is there gonna be fibreglassing :cool: Any intakes needed? :p

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    [​IMG]

jeff... the pans are trimmed down... fuck fibreglassing somthing were trying to make lighter...

got a lil list of odds and sods but i think terro is gonna throw them up..

13. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Yeah I understand you want it light but fibreglass ain't that heavy, just thought you might want to make it look all nice....but then if you're involved then I thought wrong :lol:

14. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

looks nuts i remember when minor showed me a pic of it me thinks some nice fibreglass pannels to save on weight and take a drill bit to the rest hahaha oh btw i have a stoffi asp2 here (basicly a pm55 but performs better) has a few welds and theres a crack that needs welding and a dent pulling out but its yours if you want it

15. tErr0

You longer gayj LONG LOOOOOOOOONG lgongognglong

N hell yeah andy. Deffo have that.

Got a few more pics of today but nothing really worth putting up. Actually modded another frame and cut it down even move. Have changed from an old arse zip frame to a newer one due to running disk forks. It's lighter as well.

Started work on the barrel and cases as well today. Lots of grindy grindy. Need a load of parts before any proper work can happen on it though. Including some proper engine bits.

I'll throw up a full list tomorrow.

16. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    sorry soprry sorry didnt no it was measuring up, so am i the bloody pilot or not as previously planned apparently lol also got an engien case for it btw told minor that, when u playin with it next so i can make my long arse come round !

17. tErr0

Whatever. Loser. You're going to be our burnout boy. We will use your face to warm the tyres. :grin:

Just need the tranny case. Already started work on a set of case we had knocking about. Gonna be a little while as minor has to stay round mine!

Need other bits though bitch. Know you got them lying around the place so don't try it. :p

18. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    got a transmition case fire can pick up when he comes

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye j, deffo gonna get you on it.. only wquestion is will a lighter rider make it lift to the point of returning slower quater miles times? only one way to find out really... if you cant pin the throttle fullyt on the line there aint much use in a light rider.. but when we go pod we will all have a go im sure.

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    erm.. shack colours anyone? LOL

[​IMG]

BunnyMum likes this.