The Rant Topic.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tErr0, Oct 10, 2008.

1. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

1937 lol yes 1937!!
    The new road tax system for cars that has just started on 1st April is supposed to be ring fenced as the govt. was losing too much money and a lot of cars were paying nothing or £20 under the Eco system.

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Newcastle to london train fair : just shy £80

newcastle to london via menorca : £26.98

ok its a 12hr stop over but i mean what is this country coming to, you can fly to another country and back again to your destination and its like 2/3rds cheaper , you pay eighty quid and the service is shit..... you pay 27 quid and get a micro freaking holiday while your at it .

want to go visit my brother in wales i think i am going to see if i can get a cheap flight its gotta be a darn sight cheaper than rail or coach i bet lol and i may even get a short stay holiday out if it to.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah, when I lived in wales it cost more and took longer from swansea/cardiff to London than from stanstead to stord....
    The transportation system in the uk is a massive joke really.

4. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    how do you manage over there with all them islands and lakes

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Ferrys, tunnels and bridges

6. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    can you get about by train or is it easier to fly, as in new zealand

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Bit of both really

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    Peeps who sell rides on e/bay...gumtree .ad nauseum......WITH DELIVERY BOXES STUCK ON
    Are you people brain damaged.???
    Ex -riders OR those who know ex-riders;would NEVER buy as we are well aware of how they are treated.;).

9. motoralternator

motoralternator New Member

hey everboyd check out my MA powered scooter

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

His mom's gonna be really pissed when she finds out he knackered the vacuum cleaner:D

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  11. motoralternator

top speed 100mph and MA speed 140000RPM

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Ok... 100... hmmm good crack?

13. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    that razer scooter aint big enough to hold the set of cells needed to push you to 100mph, your looking at around 80+volts and the ability to dump around 800-1000amps . your controller does not even come nowhere near those specs. and those wires no way on earth will they cope with the huge amounts of current draw you would be pulling from the power source at 100mph .

then, your running direct drive your ratio wont carry you to 100mph for sure you would need to double up on ratio output and run a dual gearing system on a layshaft so you are able to set the gearing ratio right and then you have to wonder if your carrying enough capacity to get to 100mph taking into account drag - rolling drag and efficency of the running gear.

Better still a top of the range GSR40 with a full polini kit will only push a goped to around 50+mph and thats a highly tuned race mini gas motor , so an electric motor yeah about 30mph and a shed load of lipo's with the risk of a huge plasma fire .

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Ah but your forgetting the monster energy logo he is wearing somewhere, good for an extra 1000bhp...

15. motoralternator

no you are an idio it has quantomrailleptonic induction there is no motor controler but repulsowidthmodulation rwm
    the MA is not connected to the wheels and spins at 150000 rpm
    the scoother motor voltage is 23000000svolts QNDC with
    the powergensthat power it are no bigger than a finger

16. motoralternator

your problemis is that u thinku knowit all ecause youcan calcuulate the waight of batteries , watts and current then u think your a atechnopath because youcan operate an osiliscpe
    when you havefailed to look at thefactors

230000000svolts *230(5Uf^-40)+[450se^-/metre]=145000 RPM
    [vinx78/100]+kQMA[34000factor]=QF900023QuantomNewtons
    using just 600QN would push it to 100mph
    the rest of the power is used as QSPC blend

say +ORR- due to calculation anomalies
    800000QN/200KQMA[34000factor]=200/[78n/100]
    n>20000
    N must be at leat 50xuf to drive scooter
    50x5=250
    250<20000
    n>50xuf

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

But thats on paper. Whats the real top speed. And how does it handle over say 3mph. As im pretty sure the frame geometry isnt set up for speed at all

18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

And is that an AC motor? Thats pretty cool to see a homemade contraption using AC

19. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    real top speed about 30mph max.
    handles like a bag of shit
    frame wont cope with that so called 100mph.

problem is the bearings for a start at 40mph they will start to degrade if they are chinese cheap arse bearings he will faceplant when they explode due to the poor quality of them. even good usa made roller bearings will have a hard time coping. then we come to the tires and wheels around 50-60mph the rotatonal force will be that great on a small wheel its going to balloon up expend to double/trebble its size , rub the side frame on the trailing arm and eat the tire causing a blow out . in all opinions he barking up the wrong tree, a twosmoker small engine would need 64hp to proppel that little stand on scooter to anywhere near 50-60mph given its an open frame and your standing on it with small tires and rims and theres going to be some lack of efficency due to the gearing ratio , the drag coefient etc etc , stability wise he would encounter speed shakes due to the small rims and tire ending up in a tank slapper.

he calls me an idiot lol, yet he comes out with all this mathmatics , PWM is pulse width modulation it just turns the motor on and off fast. i run PWM in all my drones and rc cars , so your scooter will have a pwm controller for sure unless your direct to source your running 230v ac ? thats a long power cord your gonna need, if your running from a generator lol you need a bigger platform to carry it on your scooter and then again its going to be gas powered genny.

not only do i tinker with motorbikes and scooters, my other hobby is RC and i been doing that for the past 30 years , so i know plenty about electrical stuff, batterys , current, voltage, capacity , roll out , gearing ratios etc etc etc. i also at one time owned one of the fastest sub micro rc cars fitted with a 8000kv motor running 12v dc with a spindle speed of 96,000 rpm , top speed 58mph and this was around 17 years ago, and in them days we were banding our tyres with ductape to stop the tearing apart due to the pure power the motors delivered, at the same time i was going through solid steel drive shafts like they were butter, just on holeshot burnouts, so yeah i kinda know my stuff when it comes to PWM control and electric motors , your scooter is just a upscaled rc without a handset .

Now if i was you i would be dumping the electric drive for a start its never going to get you to the speeds you state no mater what you do. i would drop in a BZM twin 70cc small block motor with a dual dominator pipe setup, running boysen reeds and a hard tune , i would also swap out and run a polini top end kit and cylinder and adjust squish to max out the compression and run 96 ron fuel in a above motor gravity feed to walbro carb thats had some porting work done to the intake , that would bring you upto race spec scooter with around a 50mph top end speed then again i would also look for propper scooter race tyres and swap out all the bearings to usa made stuff, including the headstock bearings .

Thats me done im outta here !!! 100mph never ....... 50mph yeah its possible with a shed load of cash spent and it would be a fun toy, yep thats it just a toy

20. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Do these scooters get tyre shake?