The Praise Topic.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tErr0, Oct 20, 2008.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

pah, a guitar is for playing not cleaning..... my other one is covered in blood..... (its a 12 string)

Stevep likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    The Lead is running beautifully,apart from the intermittment cutting out at low speed,will be sorted via fresh carb (new auto choke,just in case;) ).,
    Really is a lovely ride,smooth,way fun,happy making of a self.........
    Sadly,it's off the road as of 06:30 this morning,inspecting tyres when I got back home,found a screw dead centre in the front tyre(rear's not checked yet),so thinking replacement (both/new) or whether a plug would be a viable.cause it's not from what I saw(bit dark out still) in a groove.

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    Though i prefer older bikes,i absolutely lllooooovvvveee more modern scooters petrol tanks - just cleaned my Zip's to the point of being sterile.:).
    Yep,totally squeaky......an plastic.......AN NO FEKKING RUST.,EEEP.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

why did you clean it if theres no rust?

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    .......due to a couple of unseasonably hot days & after fully draining the tank,was concerned about any possible sediment in the tank proper drying out...........

6. Bawdy

Bawdy New Member

7am, already worked out and cleaned the scoot, taking it and the Mrs to the beach to meet up with a mate and his Mrs, pub on the other side of the road...Looks like being a Perfect Day :cool::cool::cool:

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    My Mum & Dad passing down a good survival instinct in the gene package.;).

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    Classic bloke moments on tele -
    Supernatural,damping down his shirt with his beer,when ironing.:D.

9. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    My Instructor - "Ok, As soon as this police car turns off and you think its safe, Give it some beans"

Possibly one of the best, sadly retiring. Guy is a legend. Hes having his mechanic take my restrictors out on the V-Strom so Ill have a bike that isnt restricted for my trip back. Says we ARE going for one long ass ride after my mod2 tomorrow and if I pass he said I can have a go on his R1200RT :D

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    Just like mechanics.that are naturals/specially with certain types of bikes/engines - dying breeds.:(.

scootzmadness likes this.
  11. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    He has trained almost all of my family. My grandfather - My Step dad - Me - My brother - My two sisters and most of my uncles and cousins. A sad day, was hoping he would carry on for a few more years so My kids could be trained by him when they turn 16 but everything has to happen eventually. Wish the guy all the best and a happy retirement, Though No doubt hell be out and about down the twisties. Hope to be able to ride with him when Im back in the UK again.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  12. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    Don't know what the full situation is on the CBT system nowadays regarding lessons,but whose to say he would'nt be able to give 'pointers' maybe/to cut costs.;). - sounds like someone who'll never be able to fully walk away from what he's good at & well appreciated for forever .:).

13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    Having a pretty good work ethic instilled in me.by the example of my parents lives.;).
    Have a job interview scheduled for 14:00 tomorrow...but,my last employer just phoned me up and want me back.:):).

I am soooo gonna get myself another scooter asaap with my 1st months wages.!.

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Have to ask this question MK, but why did they let you go in the first place?
    Are they just trying to fill a gap for the time being while they are busy, and then get shot of you again?
    If it's all hunky dory, then go for it; but if there may be an inkling of being used, then maybe a second thought is required?
    Just don't want to see you used and abused again;)

15. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    Think they let me go for a while to stew on it (work/personal life balance)& rest -
    Either that....they hired someone else & they were'nt as good.:).

16. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    Being sober for a lil while.......HA HA you b☆☆☆☆☆☆'s - found another site i can get a carb.rebuild kit................just have to brush up on my German.:).

17. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

18. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110,NE50MFF,SCV.
    CVK,clocked one at Pedstop for less than £6.00 (bar postage) - was quite shocked at the relative cost/considering what you usually see individual parts going for.
    Saw the same kit prob. on a German website - but about three times the cost.!.
    For all i know all the parts will be kushti after cleaning,but thought i'd air on the side of caution/always good to have spares anyhow.

19. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member