the newest wheels (C90)

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by scubabiker, Mar 22, 2015.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

because i know i will do something to this... heres the start of the currently non moving project...
    $_57 (1).JPG $_57.JPG
    bought it as cheap motoring for when im in the uk. came with a full service history.
    the guy i bought it off bought it from his friend who could no longer ride, with the intention to restore it.
    it had been stood for 4 years, and before that had been stood for 10 more or so....
    i went to pick it up without viewing it prior and rode it 30 odd miles to the MOT which it passed.
    it needs a few things:
    chain needs lubing and adjusting
    carb needs stripping, cleaning and new gaskets
    front tyre could do with being changed
    AND....
    the motor is a bit too wimpy for me....
    so im gonna buy a little 110 or something for a pitbike and get blueprinting....
    this will obviously be a slow project considering i live in a different country to the bike!
    i have researched and know the pit bike motors bolt right in (im gonna go for a kick start one)
    looking forward to my next uk trip now!

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

no no no no no no no no!
    You cannot destroy a bulletproof classic like that!
    Best to sell it and buy a pitbike to play with.

scootzmadness likes this.
  3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I hate you............:).

4. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    put a pitbike engine in it and me and stevep will find you and we will kill you.
    seriously we will.

but the biggest question is...
    does it wheelie?

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

it does wheelie, its a bit lacking in the power though, and 3 gears isnt enough. if i fit another motor it will still look stock, just want a little more punch for 2up riding.

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

7. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    :mad: don't
    :mad: you
    :mad: dare

:)

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

im gonna do it. i will fit the honda casings onto the other motor so it looks original and keep the original motor, or might just make a few more hp out of the stock motor, what do they make stock? 5hp? 6 maybe tops? i will be happy with 8hp anything over that will be too much for those skinny little wheels.
    i actually had 55mph out of it on the b1043... but with the missus on the back it struggles to 40mph....
    oh and it overheated a little too. not checked the valves, but the oil looked new. pah its all theory now anyway, i might grow to like the underpowered outdated honda lump. time will tell i guess.
    going to be fixing the beemer tomorrow if i feel well enough. clutch cable needs changing and i need to bench test the starter

9. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Got a squad standing by,just give us the nod.:).:).

scootzmadness likes this.
  10. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    find the bike and you got spares mark..like the colour.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    ?.,will I have to prise them apart.???. -
    cause if he ain't tucking it in an reading it a bedtime maintenance manual.......:).

12. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    that is a good buy if you must fuck with it ,save the Honda engine to put it back to standard when you sell it pregside.jpg

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yeah, i wouldnt sell the honda engine.

14. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    the z1000 was bought cheapish cos it was in the way , wont spark up at present but hope to get it running this week if I get time, in between jobs
    the other bike is a customers , in for a service but do you know what it is,i do as I asked the owner, my mate runs a small backstreet workshop he does 70s 80s bikes, now the weather is improving its bringing all the old bikes out again from there winter hibernation,
    I would think Norway Sweden is just the same,your winters are worse than ours
    about april all the old bikes appear on our roads ,surprises me as to what a bit of sun shine does to bikers

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

ive seen about 15 harleys in the past week, i know a guy on this island who owns a kawa triple, that only comes out 2 times a year. theres a few nice bikes tucked away here, people have a lot of money to spend.... gs425... thats an odd one

16. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    I cant say that I have seen one before, I suppose it came out to complete against the Honda four a customer came in with a dkw rotore 005.JPG ry to day will get a photo next week when he comes back just bought this loncin a10 to replace my innover,much the same except it has alloy wheels and cost half as much

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

mine in the same factory i should think

18. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    not being funny but instead of jacking someones thread, post in the what have you done today thread.

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

IMG_20180120_160419.jpg
    An update.
    Strip a cub this much and it fits in a thule roofbox.
    Minus the legshield.
    Yeah. I drove back to Norway with it in the car roofbox.

20. weescotty

weescotty aye slàinte mhòr

Rides:
    50cc mopeds
    a classic, hope the upgrades go well. ;)