The Curious Case Of The Noob In The Night..

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Hellfirehound, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Hellfirehound

Hellfirehound Ivy's Owner

Rides:
    Baotian BT125T-2
    So, I decided to take a little ride tonight, such is my wont....

All was fine till i got to my sisters house, some 12 miles away. Had a brew, showed off the wheels, left to go see my dear sweet bearded old mum on the other side of town when she died. (The bike not my mother)

Couldnt figure out why so pushed her the rest of the way, tried to star her a few times, nothing. Phoned my brother in law who suggested a few things as he made his way up. Nothing again.

An hours worth of tapping and probing around the bikes parts revealed a fuel line off. Reconnected, nothing.

Turns out that the connector that stops the engine turning over when the side stand is down came off, bolt MIA.

I f*£$%ing hate that bike lol

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    wanna hear my story .

So lil ol pedro ( the scooter ) was a bit low on go go juice, lets just say red line can mean other things not just rpm redline. so there i am needing the nectar of life to keep lil ol pedro rolling, i pull into the gas station, lift the pump and put 6lts of the best known nectar one can buy. pull off after emptying my wallet into the hands of the petroleum fatcats and head off up the road to the bike shop to get myself a chest and back protector. not even 3000yrds and old pedro comes to an aburpt stop .

so there i am 3 miles from home and not a wisper from the scoot, pedro ceased to live at 4:30pm and it took me 5hrs to push him those three miles home.

i tried everything, compression testing, new coil - new choke - new plug - cleaned the now dripping of fuel air filter and pedro would not fire into life again, i was that close to giving it mouth to mouth and then i thought ................ NO I COULDNT HAVE IM NOT THAT STUPID ........ AM I ?

yes this old bike tinkerer had done the most newbie mistake one can make, the life giving nectar i pumped in yeah it was DERV , thats right i filled the tank with 6LT of pure dank DERV........

i said the exact thing, I HATE THIS *****ing SCOOTER lol hahahahha

Hellfirehound likes this.
  3. Hellfirehound

Rides:
    Baotian BT125T-2
    10 points and a golf clap for that! Actually made me chuckle...

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Mine used to be hooked up to the lo-jack system on my works ride as well,drove my bosses CRAZY - thought i was taking about a 167 breaks a day.:);):).

5. Hellfirehound

Rides:
    Baotian BT125T-2
    Got woken up this morning to hear the most glorious sound ever...

My dear old mum phoned and said "Someone wants to say hello"....and my Ivy roared into life in the background!

She lives....SHE LIVEEEEES!!!

fuggly likes this.
  6. Hellfirehound

Rides:
    Baotian BT125T-2
    Oh yes, very happy to have the old girl breathing again. Only had her a week and a half and the adventure has never stopped, both on and off road. Am having to get a bus (*spits*) to get back into town to pick her up. My other half is coing too but she can get the bus back on her own.

Priorities and all that...:p

7. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

Never felt so sick as when my scooter wouldn't start. It's a fair walk back from Haworth to Oldham! Thankfully got it started again but I was like ride back and don't stop anywhere. Thankfully all is now fixed but I think an initial topple on my first day has knocked the switch on the left brake.

8. Hellfirehound

Rides:
    Baotian BT125T-2
    I took a tumble on my CBT.....never felt such a wally. I think her brake calliper is a little bit wibbly as she squeeks a bit when she slows down...more than "usual"