Termoscud vs Panta-Fast vs Linuscud

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Omega, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Omega

Omega Member

I am disappointed with Tucano Urbano Termoscud - it ripped huge hole in less than 6 months, and Tucano Urbano does not honour its warranty. However, I still want to stay warm the upcoming winter.
    I saw additional products - Panta-Fast and Linuscud. Since I don't know any good competitor to Tucano Urbano, I am thinking about one of them. In your experience, which one is warmer and more convenient kit? I suspect it might be Panta-Fast - I remember experiencing cold on my the side of my feet because air balloons in Termoscud got punctured quickly and Termoscud was permanently deflated reducing protection. However, I also wonder if you know good competitor to Tucano Urbano
    Thanks

2. Omega

Omega Member

An update- still on the market, but learnt that Linuscud is not suitable option as it works well for speeds under 30 mph (Tucano’s website info). There are two other similar to Panta Fast products in France, but 2-3 times more expensive
    If you want proper warmth on long distances, then consider electric heated gear, but check your scooter battery is up to the job (I have Forza 300 and it works fine with jacket/trousers combination), but something waterproof, easy to put on and for short distances is still missing from my kit

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

You still cannot beat good quality jacket and trousers with thermal liners.
    Gloves are an absolute essential.
    However, you will pay a lot of money for them.
    Around £600 minimum for jacket and trouser combination, and around £90 for gloves.
    I use Furigan clothing and Ricah Arctic gloves with Alpinestars Goretex boots (£170)
    Heated grips are good, but are better when used with a wind deflector, the type used on dirt bikes that are in front of the levers,
    or a quality pair of handlebar muffs.
    You can get heated in-soles for your boots that run off a re-chargable battery, also available for your gloves, plus heated under clothing.

It all comes down to your individual budget

4. Omega

Omega Member

Well, I have Rukka kit - trousers, jacket and gloves - and quite disappointed: they cost a lot, but not warm at all. Heated gear though can be too hot, even on a motorway at 70 mph at zero temperatures
    Just got extension cables and wireless remote control for Gerbing. Will test the trousers next week on 160 miles trip - jacket is definitely great, but trousers seem to have heated pads in wrong locations that I do not feel warm. Tolerable, but not perfect comfort
    And I will still get myself Tucano Urbano coat and over trousers for short trips - suspect over trousers might be better choice for me even on long rides