Sym Jet EuroX 2004 not running

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Paul1574, May 18, 2021.

1. Paul1574

Paul1574 Member

Couple weeks ago my sym jet lost all its power. if i put it on the stand i could rev it all the way up and it was fine if i put it on the floor it would ride for about 5 seconds then completely bog out and die.
    After checking reed valves, Carb, Crank seal (CVT side), intake manifold, piston/cylinder. I completely rebuilt top end but the piston rings were being a B*tch (lined them up with pins in piston) finally got them in and it would hit a tight spot as they went past the ports (not sure why). Wouldn't start ended up jump starting it off a car and it fired up after spinning it for 10ish seconds, rode it down my street and it felt fine again.
    After i turned it off it wont start now (havent tried jumping it again as could damage stuff) piston rings look fine, Spark is still fine and compression and when turning it over you get a smell of fuel. Anybody know what it could be?

Just taken the stator off on the other side of the engine and that crank seal is looking a bit damp but spinning the engine over i cant see anything leaking out of it or feel any air through it.

Any help welcome!