Sym Fiddle II 125 alternate exhaust?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Yazudave, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Yazudave

Yazudave New Member

Hi guys

I have a Sym Fiddle II 125 and the exhaust is completely knackered. Unfortunately because my bike is the 2013 model I've called a few garages/dealerships and been told it's £340 for a replacement exhaust and that the engine mount for this model is awkward so any old scooter exhaust won't just fit on (the Fiddle II changed engine mount after the 2012 model so previous years exhausts won't fit). No one I've spoken to has known if there's an alternative exhaust (aftermarket, different bike etc) that can be used instead (Sym forums are dead) so I'm hoping someone might be able to help?

I found this thread (http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=3591.0) that deals with the same problem (albeit it for a different bike with the same engine number) and they used a Tecnigas 4 Scoot exhaust for a Sym Jet 125 instead. This is a cheaper exhaust but I don't know if it will fit my 2013 model bike or if there are any other alternatives out there that are suitable.

The engine type of my bike (as per the certificate of conformity) is XS1P52QMI-3 and the type of Fiddle is AW12W (no letters after it like other models I've seen). I'm loath to spend £340 for an exhaust - would anyone be able to recommend an alternative that would fit? I'm in the UK but will ship from abroad as it will still be cheaper in the end!

Many thanks,
    Yaz

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Has your fiddle have a cast alloy section on the R/H side to mount exhaust?

3. Yazudave

Yazudave New Member

Here's a picture of the exhaust and mount points. Two mount points on the right and the left extra one where the bolt fell out previously. 20190606_131145.jpg

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    A 4-scoot pipe might fit off a SYM jet 125, even if you have to make up a new hanging bracket it going to cost around £200! a pipe can be made to to fit, or keep searching ebay.

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Just make a pipe to fit it.
    Some tubing and a welder. IMG_20190524_114532.jpg