(Stroker) Crank Install - Step-by-Step Photos

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by u33db, Feb 20, 2012.

1. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Hi,

When i had my Aerox 100 i came accross a chinese site where someone had done 50/60 step-by-step photos of how to remove and fit a stroker crank to a bws 100 (same as Aerox and Neos 100).

I can't remember the original link now but i saved the photos so i'll upload them here.

I think it'll be quite useful as it'll help anyone doing the same (or even just fitting an uprated crank).

Again, the pictures are off a BWS100 but the process should be applicable to most scooters give or tank a few of the images...

2. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
  3. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Picture heavy but maybe it'll help a few people!

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

That is a pretty terrible guide. A bearing puller and hammering in bearings with what looks like no heat?!

5. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Fair point.

Though I would hope anyone attempting this sort of work would have some sense - i.e as you point out heat the cases to expand them and leave the bearings in a freezer overnight.

Maybe not though reading some posts on here!

Feel free to delete if you reckon it'll cause more harm than good. :)

6. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    please leave it up, whilst ok its not the best way to do things it is the first time i have seen how the whole engine case looks etc.

Whilst its not a mechanics way of doing it maybe its certainly still of use

billyd05 likes this.
  7. J4CK

J4CK Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG 172
    I prefer to use a heat gun to heat the cases up and fit bearings to be honest but everybody has a way of their own