Stripping the dragster engine down

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by italjetdan, Jul 15, 2019.

1. italjetdan

italjetdan New Member

Rides:
    Italjet Dragster 70
    So messing about stripping down the old engine which has done 200km its whole life from its previous owner as he was putting a 4T in his dragster ( why i have no clue)

Does anyone else find it oddly theroputic to rebuild and strip an engine ? Or is it just me

2T rules

Attached Files:

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I love building engines.
    Totally agree with you.
    I just love taking it all apart and measuring and cleaning and knowing that I'm making it better.

MARSH likes this.
  3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I'm about to rebuild a 150cc engine for my typhoon, and yes I love stripping the engine down, cleaning every thread, checking it over then do it all over again. A new crank,mains, seals,barrel all ready to put together ! After 16 years and over 45,000 miles it's about time I did it, it's never been apart from new

ramo and Stevep like this.
  4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Testament to how well maintained it is and what they can do if looked after properly. Nice one Marsh.

5. ramo

ramo GoldMember

It's all fun and games, till you get to a seized bolt lol

scubabiker likes this.
  6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Which sucks when it's a crankshaft cap bolt....

7. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Stator coil is a great place too - I guess if it was somewhere like a gearbox that you hardly go to, it'd barely feel like you were working!

Lately, every horrible looking bolt I remove, I replace with stainless. Like an engine building toothfairy :)

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Amen to that brother

9. italjetdan

italjetdan New Member

Rides:
    Italjet Dragster 70
    More like when the casing bolts are seized rock solid and you have to angle grind it off because you rounded off the bolt and its a tight recessed bolt with a alloy casing...…………..