Stator wiring

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Darren.hall1985, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Darren.hall1985

Darren.hall1985 New Member

Hi so i have still not managed to get this jonway madness 50 wired up right after someone destroyed the loom i have all the lights working and ignition and guages working but regardless off what i do i can not get spark i have replaced coil, stator, spark plug ,cdi and none have fixed the issue i have regrounded all the grounds and that hasnt made any difference either and now im at a loss from my understanding i have 4 wires from stator which are red/black,blue/white, yellow and white now i know red/black is cdi power, blue/white is pick up and yellow and white run back to rectifier what im wanting to know is should there be a 12v ignition feed running to red/black wire as currently its going straight from stator to cdi and from my test the stator has no power sorry if this sounds ovious but i had nothing to work off as 90 percent off loom was destroyed many thanks Darren

2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    The red/black wire as you said is cdi feed and only generates power when engine spinning
    If side stand fitted that has to be up as this kills the engine to
    Are you getting continuity between engine and frame or engine and negative of battery?

3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Have you looked to see if it had a side stand switch? could have been disconected and plug is floating round in belly panel !

4. Darren.hall1985

Hi so how would i test for continunity as u mentioned above i have tested every wire in loom and they are all fine i have also tested side stand switch by taking ground from cdi and running it to permant ground rather then switched ground have also disconnected kill wire at cdi and that made no difference the stator seems to be grounded to engine case once bolted to it as theres no ground wire from stator im sure its a wire issue just dont know where to look and am out off ideas have rerouted earths so now batt neg goes to frame then engine case and starter i have put ground from loom on engine case now but have also tried it connected at frame and battery

5. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    You need a multi-meter set to lowest ohms and put one lead on engine and one to negative battery and some multi-meters read 000 or they bleep.
    Because rubber mounted engine a earth is needed from engine to battery
    Sometimes you can get a faulty new stator
    This should help you test the system

https://scootdawg.proboards.com/thread/53673/139qmb-weak-spark-cdi-trigger

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    If you disconect side stand switch, you need to bridge green/green white wires If I remember right ? Disconect green from ignition circuit.

7. Darren.hall1985

Thank u for replys i will have a look into it furthur my side stand switch has black/white on loom side running to cdi and ignition and green which is ground and from switch side i have same wires and a green/white which is unused how do i wire the kill side to rule that out it also has an alarm but not sure if this would effect anything if its faulty only wire linking it to ignition is kill wire but i have bridged this and made no difference

8. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Try bridging black/white wire ! Green is used to short ignition circuit to earth on most scooters.