Stator Winding & Rotor Compatability

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by DavidB, Dec 5, 2019.

1. DavidB

DavidB New Member

I've seen a lot of talk about how to improve the electrical system with respect to increased current. One things that still confuses me is the 11 pole stator design. I've seen a couple of different configurations, one with 10 winding equally spaced around the stator plate (as if for a 12 pole) with the 11th coil larger, in place of two "missing" windings.

My questions are :

1. is everyone fitting a 12 pole rotor with these 11 pole stators?
    2. are there conventional single phase and three phase versions? I've only seen 3 phase...
    3. how are these stators wound? (series / parallel combinations of windings)
    4. what does that 11th winding do? It's bigger than the rest. Does it just provide power exclusively for an AC CDI?
    5. has anyone got an assembly drawing for one or know where one exists?
    6. why do none of the listings have a current or volts/rpm rating on them? Where is this information? I would think you need this information to work out how much load you can put on them, and whether your rect/reg is suitable?

Forgive me for the volume and newbness of the questions, I'm relatively new to scooters and would be happy for answers to any or all of the above. TIA

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

DavidB likes this.
  3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I don't think anyone on the forum cares about such matters, if the scooter works that's all they want !

DavidB likes this.
  4. DavidB

DavidB New Member

Ok thanks, I can understand that. Thanks for the responses and I will check out that website.