Stage 6 streetrace 70 kit overheating?? Help

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Marcus t, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Marcus t

Marcus t Member

Hi evryone just need some advice and opinions please i have a aerox with full stage 6 setup and 70 streetrace kit on while riding a few days ago my waterpumped failed but i didnt notice until i seen the temp on my digital clock and it was readin 180 degrees i stopped the bike strate away and let cool down i havent rode it since and ive just done the water pump replaced it just wondering would i need a new piston or rings after letting the bike get to that kimd of heat i no my bike would usualy b in 70 degrees range riding normal could some one let me no as i dont want to damage my bike any more if it has alredy been damaged or isit ok for me to ride it again?? Any help apreciated thank you

2. antman1992

antman1992 Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    it shouldnt be a problem i've overheated mine before only once though it was a heat seize let it cool down and your fine to ride it again but make sure the new pump works!

3. Marcus t

Marcus t Member

Do you no wat temp yours got to wouldnt it of damged rings or piston?

4. antman1992

antman1992 Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    mine got hot enough for it to heat seize and cut out so hotter than yours 10 minutes and 1 Litre of water all over the engine and it turned back on and i was able to ride away then i orderd a new pump that night put on and bike was fine

5. oliwest

oliwest Member

Rides:
    aerox road legal pit
    Water on a boiling hot engine isnt the best idea.. That could crack you barrel with the sudden temp change couldnt it?

6. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Just change the pump refill the fluid and start her up. Now check for leaks especially around the head gasket.
    If it didn't seize then the barrel, piston and rings are probably okay. The iron streetrace kit is very strong and can take a lot more abuse than an alloy kit.

7. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Sorted yet?

8. Marcus t

Marcus t Member

Hi mr bizzle i put new water pump on started her up and seemed to tick over fine and rev cudnt see any leaks havent took it out for a ride yet tho but seems ok tbf wen the waterpump did go it didnt acualy heat seize i cut it out before it could do that so im hoping it should be ok jus a quik question sorry its off the subject is there any other easy way of getin variator off without a proper variator tool need to change my rollers curently got 4g or 4.5g in thr cnt r,eber wat 1s but seems like clutch not kickin in strate away so went and brought some 3.5gs will that be beter do you think?cheers

9. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    I use an impact gun to remove the variator nut. I run 4.5g rollers, lighter ones didn't work for me,but it's worth a try.

10. s di11a

s di11a New Member

Rides:
    PIAGGIO TYPHOON 70cc
    Use a double ended spanner (pic attached) and put one side in variater teeth and other side in the case between the triangle shapes

Attached Files:

11. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    An excellent way to break off the variator teeth.

Alex Barnes likes this.
  12. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

I know I’m hijacking everyone is Fred but Mr Bizzle seem like he had new a lot of about Aerox Tracker well this is the problem I’ve had now literally I’ve rebuilt my engine today I tried to bleed the street race cylinder kit and I’ve noticed I’ve managed to get my radiator hot after an hour or two of sitting there I’ve got on the bike and read it the bike overheated and once again the radiator was freezing cold I do have the thermostat in can anyone tell me if the Yamaha aerobics is radiator should be always hot top and bottom if so and it’s not does this mean that the thermostat has came to an end of its life please let me know I seem to be not getting nowhere on this forum and it shows good potential