Stage 6 Racing MK2 Build Advise

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Storm, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Storm

Storm Member

Rides:
    Nothing atm
    Hi guys and girls,

I have begun to piece together my parts for my Piaggio Zip AC Stage 6 MK2 Racing Build.

I am looking for some feedback from experience with testing this kit.

My intentions are to use the bike as a city blaster 0-30 on the back wheel literally.

The pipe I'm going for is the C16 City as I feel that pipe is going to be perfect from looking at dyno sheets for initial acceleration.

I have also decided to go with standard gearing as the bike is being built purely for acceleration and Sunday blasting where I doubt I'll be doing speeds of above 50mph especially as I travel through a 20mph zone area.

Will standard CDI be fine with this in mind?

Also I'm struggling to decide whether to stick with the standard carb, maybe a malossi 21mm carb or use a pwk 28 that I already have to hand.

With acceleration in mind I am wondering whether I should go for a stroker crank as this may provide more initial torque or stick with the stage 6 hpc, I am also wondering if there is a crank available that has the cut out for primary compression but is suitable for high reving cylinders and has a strong rod.

Any knowledge or experience is highly appreciated.

Regards

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

For quick acceleration you want to be cutting your rotating mass down, like flywheel, and clutch, it takes less power from your engine to put the bike into motion if you follow?
    I cant be more specific to your bike, but I know there are a lot of lighter clutch bells and flywheels on the market.
    If I recall correctly, a bigger diameter carb is more suited to top end power gains..
    But im tired and could be wrong...

3. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

The cdi is Rev limited you’ll need a new one for that set up, at Least I did

4. Storm

Storm Member

Rides:
    Nothing atm
    Hi thanks for your reply, most build setups that I see don't seem to suggest that they are using different cdis. Do you have any more info on the one you built? As in videos, posts?

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Doesn't the piaggio cdi not have like a 9k rpm limiter?
    I have one on my tomos and it seems to rev damn high.
    If you want instant power drawing out the limit isnt going to make much of a big difference.

6. Storm

Storm Member

Rides:
    Nothing atm
    It's true that's why I'm thinking Mx rpm won't
    Yes I believe the same this should be the case maximum revs should only be made at top end speeds

7. Sam phantom

Give a go and see how you get on but I had to get a derestricted unit they only cost about £20 and if your going to the effort with high end parts I guess you’ll want the full potential as they rev way past 9k.
    Set up
    Stage6 racing mk2
    21mm carb
    Full circle stage6 crank
    Mollosi mutivar

8. Sam phantom

9. Storm

Storm Member

Rides:
    Nothing atm
  10. Sam phantom