Speedlight 2 100cc snapping exhausts and takes a while to pull away? +tips on parts?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Matt865, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Matt865

Matt865 two stroke is the only way!

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    Hi, I have a Peugeot speedlight 2, it's very nice to ride, has an open filter conversion, twin forks instead of the single, Jack up kit, I have a few questions and problems though, when running, the bike peaks at 60mph on a level, your getting no more out of her lol, but, it has snapped two exhausts where the weld is just after the U part, it doesn't seem to have the correct bracket connecting it to the swing arm, just a triangle piece of metal, would I be right in assuming that may be the cause? What else could it be? Also the bike revs quite a lot before it actually pulls away, could this be the sign of a new clutch? I would love any suggestions on the best rollers to use? I can upload pictures of the carb if required as I think it may be a bigger one, seems pretty reliable on fuel though and when the power band kicks you notice the pull! What's a good exhaust to put on? I'm struggling to find anything other than tecnigas at the moment, any information is highly appreciated thanks in advance

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

60mph is good enough.
    That bracket may well be the cause of the exhaust snapping, wouldn't be the first time I've seen it.
    See if you can get the proper one for the bike/exhaust.
    If it's revving too high at take-off then use heavier rollers, or softer clutch springs.
    Exhaust choices are plenty, you pays your money and makes your choices.

3. Matt865

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    Thanks for the reply, I've found the exhaust on the Internet what I have and it seems to be the correct bracket, but one of the bolts had come loose causing it to wobble a bit, I'm guessing this will have caused the snap? Will heavier rollers change the speed at all? I'm happy with 60mph to be fair

4. Matt865

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    Update for anyone who's interested, today I welded my exhaust back together, and found out the reason it snapped was due to the threads in the manifold. The bolts didn't tighten properly so I have run a tap and die through it and knocked it up a couple of bolt sizes, since being tight I and welding the hole I have gained an extra 5-7 mph, hits 70 down hill would you believe! That's clocked from a car as well, anyway alls well that ends well