speeding ticket problems

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MrSkeedle, Mar 13, 2018.

1. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

hi guys. I've had a strange situation pop up and was wondering if anybody has had any experience or could give me some advice. my brother received 3 separate letters in the post from greater Manchester police. 3 speeding tickets, all from cameras, 2 from the same one. but the strange thing is, all of them are from months ago, one is even from December last year! because he has 3 tickets he will basically lose his licence which is fair enough but he never got any warning of these tickets until now, but now he has no chance to resolve it. it's surely not fair to get all 3 at the same time? I heard there is a law that you must be given the ticket within 2 weeks or something? I mean December of 2017 is a long time ago!

any help would be much appreciated as he is not pitting up a fight and just accepting he is losing his license. it is angering me to see him lose it so unfairly! thanks again

2. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
  3. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

ah, thanks for that. i was on the government website about it before but it was a slightly different page i saw. So i mean they quote
    "If you weren’t stopped by the police for the speeding offence (eg it was caught by speed camera), the vehicle’s registered keeper must be sent a notice of intended prosecution within 14 days. You may have to go to court if you ignore the notice."

so then he doesnt have to pay it surely?

thanks again