Speedfighter 2 lc 50cc poor acceleration

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by swrk, Feb 15, 2017.

1. swrk

swrk Member

I have a 2008 speedfighter 2 lc 50cc I have a Tecnigas Q-Tre Exhaust and 6g rollers and 66 main jet and the acceleration is boggy and slow till about 15 20 mph then it's not to bad till about 40 then slow till about 48, should it be doing faster then 48 mph? What is the best setup for my exhaust e.g roller weight and jet size? and would it be worth a free flow air filter ? I did have one on it was really fast till about 40 then died about 43

Thank you in advance

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    free flow not great idea in all honesty only when you go upto a larger bore they become useful.

48mph is around right, theres a myth that a 50cc scooter will do upwards 55-60mph its a myth trust me and others that will tell you the same. its a small bore motor and can only be tweeked so far without a huge amount of time and effort, we are talking things like port work and adjustments , squish settings to up compression rates, stuffed cranks and likes. not cheap and not ideal only used more so on the track.

rollers you can stagger a set of 5g rollers with those 6g rollers, that will allow the variator to open a little later in rpm, you would add them like this 5g-6g-5g-6g-5g-6g . and NOT like this 5g-5g-5g-6g-6g-6g they MUST be staggered like the first set.

try a 68 jet - 70 jet - 72 jet see if any of them help a slight upjet maybe needed to really unleash things. jetting is a fine tune of the feul amount the engine can draw in the more fuel the bigger bang you get ad that means the bigger the power. BUT to much fuel can also hydrolock an engine so one must be careful and test jetting tweeks

3. swrk

swrk Member

Today I went to start it it started but just really boggy and doesn't rev very high is it jetted to much or not enough I give up haha

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    try what you were told first time round, giving up this quick and not doing what advised is probably why nobody wants to bother helping? drop the roller weight

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    try what you were told first time round, giving up this quick and not doing what advised is probably why nobody wants to bother helping? drop the roller weight