speedfighter 2 lc 50cc need some help

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by swrk, Feb 19, 2017.

1. swrk

swrk Member

i have a lc 2008 speedfighter 2 it does about 52 flat but if i hit a tiny hill it goes about 45 i have a sports exhaust and 3x5g 3x6g rollers and a 68 main jet stranded airbox but took off the tube that takes the air from under the seat (good idea or not?) is this a good set up ? but does feel like its got more power to give but something holding it back?

would i gain much from a 70cc kit?? but would i need a bigger carb or could i just upjet mine?

and the lights flicker slightly and dash lights and and if i put high beam on then go back to dip i lose headlights for about 5 seconds

thank you

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    your always going to see a drop in rpm on a hill on a two stroke unless your right ontop of the powerband , a fourstroke does not have this drop off in speed so quick because they produce plenty of torque at low rpm all the way through. a twostroke only produces torque at high rpm. if you put a load onto that top rpm you tend to find the rpm falls away a little.

ok 70cc kit, at the mo your derestricted motor is pushing around 4-6hp , adding a 70cc kit means you have a larger capacity ( think of it as two drink cups from mcdonalds, a regular aka the 50cc and a large aka the 70cc you rather have a large drink because it holds more ) , with the larger capacity comes more space to squeeze more air and fuel than the 50cc jug can so your getting a bigger bang. you also find the 70cc kits have more agressive porting, ie the inlet port and the exhaust ports are larger allowing more gas and fuel to enter and escape. the ports are also tuned so they stay open a little longer maximizing the amount of fuel that can be sucked in and the amount of exhaust gasses that can escape all this creates a lot more horsepower .

your 70cc kit can produce anything from 8-9hp upto around 12hp but it depends on the kit you install and other add ons.

yes you can use your standard carb and upjet it BUT you WILL NOT gain the horsepower the kit says it will produce. to gain the specs the kit says you would really be best adding at the very least a 17.5mm carb its perfectly enough for a 70cc sport kit, if you go a race kit your better off sticking a 21mm carb in as a race kit have even more agressive port tuning.

lights : check your lights fuses and the connections under the front panel make sure they are nice and tight ,

3. swrk

swrk Member

Okay thank you so much that's all so useful:) all I really want is about 60mph flat and not to bad on acceleration and like 45 50 up hill would that be possible with a 70cc kit ?

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    in all honesty and being very truthful.

70cc kit is more for us that want that tinkering and fettling , thing is a 70cc kit can get you to 60mph but you would need to spend money on a part called a gear up kit, its a set of cog gears that replace your stock gearbox gearing, but you have to remember this is still a two stroke and its going to be running hard on a little motor, you may also find your in need of upgrading the crank to, because those extra horses dont do much help to stock cranks they wear out a bit quicker. your also going to need to rebuild that top end now and again depending on your riding style, top end means piston - piston rings - little end bearing .

you could save your money up and then sell your speedy 2 and with that money and the money saved grab something like an aerox 100cc or a runner 125 ( there are two stroke scooters that are 125cc but they are not easy to find and come by) , having a 125cc-100cc is going to cover most of what you require , you can add a nice sport kit exhaust add a little upjet and still have a fairly potent scooter thats going to last a little longer than a 70cc kitted scooter.

Stevep likes this.
  5. swrk

swrk Member

So without the gear up what am I looking at getting out of it ? And what about dropping a 100cc speedfighter 2 engine in it ? And yh tbh I was looking at getting a 125cc as Im going to be starting a new job soon and we be travelling about 25 miles each way and that would be boring at 45 mph but then I love speedfighter 2 as they are just great fun haha and would 50 miles a day 5 days a week be bad on a 70cc kit ?

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    round little back lanes where your constant rolling on and off the throttle yeah a 70 kit is good fun, But im going to be honest, on a dual caragie way / main a roads that poor 70 kit is gonna be high up in the rpm much of the time ie hard running , and thats when things can become a problem and bits wear a bit quicker than you liked.

100cc motor swap yeah its possible by all means your gonna get like 55-60 outta it (50-55 stock from , or a shad over 60 if you give it some sport pipe love and a little rejet to suit ) its going to last a little longer than the 70cc kit to. plus you always have the choice of adding a 125cc kit to a 100cc motor later on if your not to happy ;) , 125cc is more healthy an upgrade than a 50cc to a 70cc sport kit mod

7. swrk

swrk Member

Yh I think the 100cc swap or a 125cc bike is best option thank you for all your help :)