speedfighter 2 50cc LC 70cc kit HELP!

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by swrk, Feb 7, 2017.

1. swrk

swrk Member

just brought my 2008 speedfighter 2 LC 50cc and looking at putting a 70cc kit on it what would i need and is it worth it? how fast could i get out of it?

i only want about 55 60 mph out of it so is there a way to doing that without a 70cc kit ?

thanks

steven

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    without a kit very unlikely , unless your willing to have expensive port work done.

kit wise its the usual, a good branded kit , uprated variator like a malossi-polini hi speed - suitable rollers - gear up kit - better bigger carb and a good sport exhaust .

speed wise thats going to give you up and slightly over 100kmh ( 60-65mph ) maybe even at a hard push 120kmh its really then down to rider weight and the tune on the scooter.

swrk likes this.
  3. swrk

swrk Member

okay thank you are the ac and lc exhaust the same ?

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Not to sure, its possible the Lc exhaust is slightly longer/shorter to accomadate the cooiling circuit in the cyclinder.
    if possible get the LC version pipe if you have an LC machine ;)

and welcome to the scooter shack SWRK

5. swrk

swrk Member

okay thank you :)

6. swrk

swrk Member

so when i buy a 70 kit most of them dont come with a head cover where the spark plug goes i heard you can use the 50cc one is that true ??

7. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yes most will use the stock cylinder head.

some kits like malossi - polini will sell the cylinder heads with the kit if not as a upgrade part

8. swrk

swrk Member

Thank you will I need a bigger carb or could I just up jet mine and how many miles will I need to run it in ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

9. sean178

sean178 Active Member

I've recently put a 70 kit on my ludix blaster along with a yasuni r exhaust and a dellorto 21mm carb. The malossi kit was a doddle to fit and comes with everything you need apart from a small end bearing.
    It's about run in now, the instruction booklet recommended 200 miles, so the next job is to set up the variator

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

swrk likes this.
  10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    safely 200-300 miles not being very heavy on the throttle, yeah it max throttle but only for a few seconds, never pin it back for long amounts of time , thats the safe way .........

me i hard run in all my bores, that means im hard on the throttle soon as its installed in the bike to get those rings married up to the cylinder quickly BUT there comes a risk with a hard break in, if you do it wrong you will mash that piston blow the rings and fry the cylinder. so yeah do it the safe way go easy on the gas for around 200-300 miles then wind it up now and again for another 100 miles.

do it that way then its gonna last you a while BUT you must run a good decent mixing oil and make sure your oiling up at the right amounts, NO GUESSING it has to be measured and mixed in tank or you need to set your oiler pump up to deliver a little extra oil than normal 50cc would use.

Bigger carb = more fuel = more bang , for a 70cc a minimum 17.5mm carb but most will drop in a 20-21mm carb and jet to suit

11. swrk

swrk Member

Thank you so much and any tips and hacks? haha

12. swrk

swrk Member

Thank you what size is standard on the speedfighter 2 50cc lc ? tips and hacks for the 70 kit? Haha

13. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    usually a 17.5mm carb will come with around an 90 size jet . you may need to go a little higher or a little lower. but rule of thumb is usually 10-15% more than the stock carb main jet . so your gonna want to check stock carb before fitting the new one as seeing what the stock carb is fitted with. they usually in the low 50s -low 60s but its not a given so you always just check then work from there.

14. swrk

swrk Member

[​IMG]
    Iv put this air filter on what jet size should I use the exhaust is still standard atm

15. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    go with the stock airfilter buddy, that filter is just going to cause you headaches in this weather, you have no splash guard coverage on the side of motor from wheel so all the dirt and water is just going to be thrown over the filter and sucked into carb filling it with crap.

trust me when i say the stock airbox is good to use .... just clean the filter in the stock box ...

remove foam pad, fill a bowl full of nice hot warm water ...... take your foam pad in your hand and drizzle plenty of fairy liquid onto its surface ...... now do not put any water on it just really work that fairy liquid into the foam, massage that puppy good and propper, its going to look a sorry state but dont worry we want its grease/oil and dirt free.

so now your filter should be a little sorry looking it may be a white'ish colour form the fairy liquid but dont worry. now sart plunging that pad into the warm hot water giving it a good massage and squeeze to get all that soap out, really spend time doing this, more soap out the better. your water may look a little dirty but when you drain that water out the bottom of bowl will be caked in dirt and grime.

now lets rinse that sucker do this twice !!! , fill bowl again with warm water and plunge the filter pad into it again working it with your hands we now need to get rid of all that soap , so spend time here rinse and squeeze while its in the water.
    empty bowl and fill it again and do the above rinse step again (final rinse ) yoru water should be lovely and clear with minimal dirt and grime in the bottom ....

Now its clean we gotta dry it so pop it into the airing cupboard or a nice warm place to let it dry out we need it fully dry so it may take a full night and day to be perfectly dry ... test it by squeezing the pad in hand, if its feels damp its NOT dry ...... DO NOT INSTALL A WET/DAMP FOAM INTO FILTER.

Last step foam treatment . filter oil is used to help catch dirt and dust and also stop water getting into the carb and engine. if you do not have any filter oil your two stroke mixing oil will do for now ( until you find some filter oil )add a little drizzle of oil to the front surface of the foam pad and work it into pad with your hands ( its a messy job as a couple rubber gloves will help) work it in the another very tiny dizzle again work it into the foam , we dont want is soaking with oil just enough so its a little damp with oil ...... you should be able to squeeze filter and no oil will come out. now install into bike / scooter and your clean filter is ready to use ;)

having a good clean filter is always good for your carb and your engine , you should clean this filter every season so around 4 times a year

16. swrk

swrk Member

Okay thank you :)

17. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    your welcome, key to owning a scooter is keeping ontop of it and keeping everything nice and clean and in working order. the air filter is always overlooked and left to cake up so much it starts to show as being a to rich carb setting.

when your swap to a 70cc kit your better going with an open air foam filter but the type that has two foam sections an inner and a outer slip on foam . you can also buy the outer foam sections seperate so you have a spare at hand when cleaning the installed one ;), again even open air filters will require upto 6-8 washes a year to keep them in perfect working order, getting all that road crap out of them and allowing motor and carb to breath in without any problems.

18. sean178

sean178 Active Member

I have the same filter and tamiyacowboy is correct .... it's a pain in the arse in the cold. If it will fit (mine won't) then stick with the standard airbox [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

19. swrk

swrk Member

with the Tecnigas Q-Tre Performance Exhaust what size jet and rollers should i use ??

20. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    get that variator off ( need to have your hands on a impact gun if you have one, if not get shop to install for you) check what weights are already installed , may want to weigh the rollers one by one and see if they are all the same weight.

usually 5.5g -6g are a good starting point , as for jetting up for derestriction open the carb float bowl , use magnifiying galss and see what number is printed onto the mainjet , then go around 7-10% higher in jet size.

56 jet a 10% upjet would bring you to around 65 -66 jet size .

you would need to test that new jet to make sure its brining the sweet spot in fuel and air delivery you need, jetting is not an easy thing so you may wanna get your mech to upjet the bike at the same time he does your rollers.