Speedfight 50 and 100 crank

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Paul Smith, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

Hi

Are the 2 stroke cranks the same does anyone know. I am after a race crank for the 100 but seem non existent lol

Kind regards

2. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

The 50cc and 100cc cranks are different...

and yes it seems impossible to purchase anything other than a standard replacement crank.

3. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

I wonder if there's anywhere that'll lighten and balance a standard one lol

4. The Messenger

no where im aware of...

if it was me i would buy this... https://www.pedparts.co.uk/bikes/pe...&o=&bike=60&category=24&brand[]=All+Brands&q=

its just a std replacement crank, the speedfight 100cc engine isnt renowned for producing large amounts of power due to the inefficent design of the engine, and theres hardly any tuning parts available for them these days.

A pipe a carb and maybe a 120cc kit if you can still find one... and just hope you dont get picked off by a kitted up 50cc :p

5. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

Lol
    It's definitely going to be picked off by a 70. I have a liquid cooled 70 with chiselspeed parts and built by baines racing at Silverstone which she was clocked at a GPS 78mph.... So the 100 is definitely going to struggle just always wanted one

6. The Messenger

its a shame they have a vertical engine, and a horizontal engine like a piaggio or minarelli dont fit in without the back end being jacked up at a crazy angle.... oh and that immobiliser too is a pita lol.

i actually own a speedfight my self but i havent ridden it for years :D

Paul Smith likes this.
  7. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

I have had mine since I was 16 and 37 now so hardly ride it too