Speedfight 2 rollers!

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by marcelthegreat, May 30, 2011.

1. marcelthegreat

marcelthegreat New Member

Hi, I'm new to scootering! I recently bought a speedfight 2 50cc, it came with a technigas exhaust, I'm just wondering what the correct roller weight is to match and do I need to change the jet size? Or anything else.
    Thanks!

2. SupaRox

SupaRox Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Hey man,

I don't think there is a specific weight of roller best suited for your moped, it's more just trial and error. The lighter the weight the more acceleration - the heavier the more top end speed.

On the subject of the exhaust, is it already on the moped? Or, did it come with it for you to fit? If you need to fit it, you will need to rejet your carb, there are some guides on the forum to help you out. But again it's just trial and error! If the the moped came with it on I assume the previous owner has already done so for it to run properly.

Hope that helped buddy :)

3. Airr

Airr New Member

Rides:
    Gilera SKP 04
    ignore this, it's bullshit.

http://blog.pedparts.co.uk/2011/05/moped-tuning-rollers.html
    give this a read.

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Do not answer if you don't know what you are talking about. It's in the rules.

Read our roller guide to understand about rollers. http://www.scootershack.co.uk/rollerguide.html

When fitting a sports exhaust you need to fit lighter than standard rollers, harder clutch springs and up jet your carb.

No one can tell you what weight rollers or jet to fit as it's totally different for each bike.

5. RelentlessDan

RelentlessDan New Member

buy a box of roller sizes
    youll feel when its in its powerband, its easy to tell
    pick the ones that best hit the powerband.
    i imagine itll be around 6 but thats only a rough guess.
    remember you can use 3 and 3 to mix and match and make an in-betweeny size ;)