Speedfight 2 project :)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by SF RIDER, Mar 14, 2012.

1. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    The Bus Atm :(
    Update, the speedy has now passed its MOT the way it is ! Happy days :D now for the the not so good part o_O speedo is working all fine which is good, but the fact it is telling me, my speedy is not going faster then 30mph is not good. Helpppp !!!! :( got 115 main jet in it and stage 6 medium contra so I doubt its belt slip, seems like the revs limit off when it hit 30mph.

2. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    dose it have a stock loom in-place

3. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    Yeah the exact same loom I was using when it was stock, doing bout 45mph. The only thing I can say is that I could never find the cdi ! Couldn't even find a basic 4 plug cdi :confused: my new ignition has a built in cdi in coil though, so it shouldn't be limited.

4. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    doppler ingition?

5. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    YEP LOL

the Artek race ignition is same as doppler. it made for the french market and there for MUST be restricted by LAW out of the box.

On my old dopper the was a blue cable the go from the bickup/stator to ground when that is grounded it will restric the bike via the rpm's. now on the Artek it may be a different cable. ring ped-stop and ask them witch cable you have to remove and they will tell you. will take 2 mins todo

SF RIDER likes this.
  6. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    Artek k1 mate.

7. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    ON mine the only wire I grounded was the yellow/green wire that has a ring connector on the end of it, should I just disconnect this from the frame ?

8. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    same as doppler, the 2 heads or doppler split and the one that did not get the name doppler made Artek and copied all the doppler stuff

9. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    give it a go.
    if it is that cable you should put a switch on it as the police are starting to use mobile dyno's like in Europe and they will start to impound and crush like over there too

10. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    Its a bit wet outside so I'll probs just disconnect it and tape the end up and see if its all good :) thanks for the help mate, can't thank you enough ! Yeah I read up about Doppler and Artek thing awhile back :p

11. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    just looked online and it is the cable you mentioned

And no problem

SF RIDER likes this.
  12. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    Lool kool, well looks I will be re tuning my rollers, I was wondering why I could never get over about 9k rpm.

13. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    Omgggg ! Disconnecting that green/yellow wire from the frame has unleashed the beast within :eek::D its sounding beefy just on idle and when I give it throttle my front end wants to go up ;). My engine is now getting somewhere, just need to re tune my transmission. Video soon me thinks :cool:

14. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    glad your happy. you know speedfights are not all that bad. i had one close to your set up and it will a very good bike

15. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

sounding good mate

im going to get rid of the cdi of my vivacity and run the same stator as a speed fight with a race cdi hopeing to feel a difference as mine doesnt seem as quick as it should with malossi 70 sport kit

16. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    how fast should a sports 70cc be? your stock gearing runs out at 59mph and a sports kit cant really pull a gear up much pack that ever

17. jamespee

jamespee Member

Whots the best exhaust for a typhoon
    Seems a zip would be a yasuni 21 with a 70 cc modular cylinder kit
    Or a polini big Evo 70 cc
    Can a zip be more highly tunned than a typhoon
    I am going to try :
    PM tunning coil ignition
    BGM rev limiter/restrictor kit
    The malossi ones works well but always ready to try out Somthing
    New

18. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

When i have no wind blowing into me here in Devon lol i will hit about 50-55 will take a little while not too long though

im going to adjust my clutch springs to make acceleration a little better

my rollers feel about right i have 3x5.5g and 3x6g

when i get paid i will be getting a gear up kit either pm tuning or stage6 or malossi if i can find one

19. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    50/55 is a bit slow if you take in to account the speedo lie your getting around 47. what veriator do you have

20. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

this is on a digital speedo as i got rid of the original one for handle bar conversion :) so its pretty accurate