Speedfight 2 project :)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by SF RIDER, Mar 14, 2012.

1. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    The Bus Atm :(
    If I am correct viva forks are USD forks, so due to gravity you oil is going to want to seep out. Make sure you didn't damage your seals when you install them. Also make sure your stanchions don't have any major pitting, because this will just wear out your seals faster ! A tip; try putting a little Vaseline around your dust seals to catch road dirt and to keep your stanchions clean.

2. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

Yea installed no issues had to give them bit of a tap to sit right but didn't damage the and the stantions are fine

3. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    Ermm a bit of a tough one, did you clean the seating area where the seals sit ? Oil could be leaking round the outer area of the seal. Or maybe the quality of seal could be bad but other than that I would not know mate.

4. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    are the chrome stanchions pitted? or did you over fill with oil?

but if its good forks your looking for a new set of AEROX forks is a good upgrade for any pug

5. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    if there USD's are the grease filled like the piaggio bikes? if you put oil in grease forks it would just run away

6. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

Yea was all clean and no putting atal, before i fitted the new seals i would sit on the bike and the front end would drop, now this doesn't happen until i push down on it and i can see fluid around the bottom i have used atf as have been told can use that as fork oil in wondering if the viscosity is different to fork oil

7. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    I couldn't quite understand what you wrote, but I read you didn't use fork oil ?... You used atf :confused: what's that may I ask ? Fork oil has many properties to it, that makes it different to other oils.

8. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

automatic transmission fluid, have been told by other riders that it works

9. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    same stuff as fork oil lol.

there all just hydraulic fluid, but so they can charge you more its in a different tub.
    hydraulic fluid is about £50 for 25L,
    fork oil is about £10 to £30 for 0.5L,
    gear oil is about £5 - £20 for 0.5L

hydraulic fluid dose not compress as much as other oil, gear oil is EP extreme presser just oil that dose not compress, fork is low compression oil OR oil that dose not compress.

10. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

i get it free through work :D

11. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    Good info there mate :)

12. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    A bit of an update, as already known my headlights have already been modded with the hi/lo beam mod. Since I have quad lights, it has 4 separate 20w halogen bulbs, totalling 80w for just my headlights alone. My artek ignition only produces 60w of power! I decided to do some research, on how to lower my headlights power consumption. I came to find using LEDs was my best bet ! Now I have 4 new bulbs with a combined consumption of less than 20w and outshine my halogen bulbs by far + rated 50,000 hours of life per bulb and 5 years warranty on each bulb :cool::D the bulbs weren't really cheap but its so worth it !

13. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    The headlight had to be modded a bit to fit the new bulbs since they are a bit longer (still same diameter though). The totally brightness when all the bulbs are on is 1380 lumen and all the bulb temps are 4000k+ meaning the lights colour is a cool white ;)
    IMG00475-20130828-1813.jpg IMG00476-20130828-1813.jpg IMG00477-20130901-1725.jpg IMG00478-20130901-1726.jpg IMG00479-20130901-1726.jpg IMG00480-20130901-1726.jpg

14. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    there LED not HDI so there always a cool white. also an MOT fail

15. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    I know they are led not hdi, I brought them xD and that's not true I could of gotten LEDs with a temp of around 2500k-3000k which is a warm white ( yellowish like a halogen) anything above 6000k is pointless because light turns blue ( only allowed yellow and white light only for mot) I knew my headlights are mot fail anyway because I am using the quad lamps which have no beam direction if that's what you mean by fail... Other than that I can't see why using LEDs instead of halogen would be a fail o_O I will take my ped to the garage for the guy to do a pre check for me and if he says anything about my lights, I will put the stock ones in just for the mot then revert back to my quads.

16. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    that wrong. any tint will fail an MOT but a HDI bulbe uses gas and power input to change the light out put colour and that will pass an mot that is why my GREEN light pass every time.

you can buy an halogen kit for the light then it will pass

17. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    The original bulbs are 20w halogen bulbs, so ur saying with them my quad lights will pass ? My LEDs don't have tints to them, the lens is clear, its the actual led cells that make the colour. Mot states headlights are to only give off white/yellowish light, which my led uprated halogen alternatives do so much better. The LEDs I got came in 2 colour temps 2500k warm white (yellowish like halogens) and the ones I wanted 4000k cool white (bright white like hdi's).

18. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    • "The front light must emit a white light unless it is within a yellow headlamp and the rear must always be red
    don't know if that helps atall

19. waynesworld

waynesworld Member

Looking good mate

SF RIDER likes this.
  20. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    YES and NO, they dont have adjustment on them so no, but if they did then yes.
    A scooter 49cc only need a dipped beam like the 49cc runner pure jet. they dont have high beam. so yes the quad would pass as it works as a single light with side light, but you must have adjustment on them so you can set to right height