Speedfight 2 LC weak start

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by klupsing, May 25, 2019.

1. klupsing

klupsing New Member

Hi guys
    I am new here and my english is not perfect becouse I am for other country
    I own a Peugoet speedfight 2 LC with next setup:Leo vince zx,Stage 6 intake big valve,dellorto 19+malossi e53,jet is 80,malossi multivar with 8 gr rolls,malossi green central spring and malossi red small springs
    Acceleration is pretty nice and I am satysfied with it,but the start is really weak,and also when I am driving full thortlle and let the thortlle few second and when I hit it agian he needs time to speed it up
    I hope you understud my text,please help :D

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Welcome, and very well explained.. I’d say your rollers are a bit Heavy hence the long pick speeds

Have you tried lighter rollers ?? Maybe 6.5 or 7 grams would suit better ? And also I think the red springs will hinder your acceleration too

3. Sam phantom

The red spring are very stiff and take a lot of centrifugal force to open the clutch, may explain the issues your having ?

4. klupsing

klupsing New Member

Well I tried today with 5,8gr but they were light,becouse it was spining in high rounds but it wasnt going really well
    Only problem is in the start,it has really weak start and while driving in full thortle just like I wrote in first post
    The only purpose of this bike is for doing wheelies
    I dont have problem doing wheelie at around 20 km/h becouse that is the timing of the best acceleration
    But again I have problem doing wheelie after first one,becouse then I need to let the thorttle and wait for few seconds for rolls to "calm down"
    Well I wrote long text,didnt wanted :D
    But conclusion is that he wont accelerate in lower rmp and lower speed

5. Sam phantom

Ok I see, I’ll put my money on the red clutch springs,there too stiff. Too many revs needed to open the clutch, not good for wheelies

milo2025 likes this.
  6. klupsing

klupsing New Member

Ok,ill try with softer springs and mybe 7-7.5gr rolls

7. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

I like your style. I also enjoyed doing a few wheelies back in my younger years :D I'm guessing you are from Croatia right? I've been told pulling wheelies is a very popular pastime in Croatia.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  8. klupsing

klupsing New Member

Well not form Croatia,but you are wery close :D
    I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina,I was doing wheelies back when I was in highschool 5yrs ago
    And now I am 23 but i really enjoy in wheelies so I decided to drive it like that while I am still young :D

9. milo2025

That's great to hear and welcome to the forum :D

10. klupsing

klupsing New Member

this is my video 8yrs ago,my first speedy :D

Sam phantom and milo2025 like this.
  11. milo2025

Way to go! :cool: Yours is 50cc liquid cooled speedfight 2t?

12. klupsing

klupsing New Member

Yes i it is,but I am thinking about buying tp trophy 70ccm

13. milo2025

14. klupsing

klupsing New Member

I forgot to write to you guys,last week i replaced small red springs with yellow ones and left the 8.0gr rolls ive tried 7.0gr it was too light
    So I left the 8.0gr rolls green middle spring and yellow small springs,and now everything works perfect :D