Speedfight 2 carb jet size

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Dolly5, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Dolly5

Dolly5 Member

I am rebuilding a speedfight 2 with new crank etc and wanted to know what size jet goes in the carb.
    The bike has a standard 50cc barrel and piston but it has a aftermarket gianneli exhaust.
    Standard Air filter etc and 6g rollers.
    Just needed to get the correct size jet before i re fit the carb.
    Also the petal on the reed is sticking up a bit does this mean the petal is no good ?

2. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    with my leo-vince exhaust i had to add 15% on to the original jet size i would think this would be roughly the same for you but im not positive

Dolly5 likes this.
  3. Dolly5

Dolly5 Member

Thanks for that but I have no jet in at present so needed a actual size to order.

4. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    oh not to sure then i know my 08 liquid cooled 50cc speedfight 2 has a standard jet size is 50 but this may be diffrent on diffrent years and wheather is ac or lc

5. patwk03

patwk03 Member

Rides:
    yam neos 50/yam cw70
    just get a pack of 10 on ebay for £12 then go from there

6. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    roughly a 83, that's what my 05 ac sf2 had with just a zx :)

7. Dolly5

Dolly5 Member

I have found out that the standard jet size in my gurtner carb should be 52. Some sites say just go up one or 2 sizes if you have a gianneli exhaust and some say different. Don't reallt want to get a pack and keep changing it as just thought somebody may know what size to go for exactly. It has a polini variator and sports exhaust thats all.
    I thought of trying a 60 jet size ?

8. Dolly5

Dolly5 Member

I thought of adding 15% to the jet size as you said until the previous reply said an 83 which I would have thought was very large for a standard 50cc with just a racing exhaust ?

9. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    well when i bought my leovince zxr donotlink ped stop said to add 15% to the original jet size so if your original is 52 you need a around 60

Dolly5 likes this.
  10. Dolly5

Dolly5 Member

Thanks for that and will order a 60 :)

11. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    i would just order a few like a 60 and a 58 incase the 60 floods it but i dought it would

12. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Just curious is it a gutner 13mm carb ?? My speedy was setup on PedParts dyno with a 82 :)

13. Dolly5

Dolly5 Member

Hi and yes it is a gurtne carb just the standard one from new.

14. marky mark

marky mark New Member

hi 58 would be the best size or you will have too much fuel and the barrel will flood

15. Ollie

Ollie New Member

I've got a speedfight 2 and wanna change the air filter but they say add 15% to your jets, how do I do that ?

16. Steff hackett

Steff hackett New Member

Hi guys i have a 02 speedfight 2 50cc it has a leo vince exhaust it runs and rides fine but have noticed after riding for a while at full trottle it will bog then cuts out but if i turn it of by ignition and back on again it will start back up and it ok for a lil while again the main jet is a 72 i belive any help ?

17. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    You need a 76 to 80 jet, you are running lean and are risking a heat seizure.